DC3’s mission is to deliver superior D/MM lab services, cyber technical training, technical solutions development, and cyber analytics for the following DoD mission areas: information assurance (IA) and critical infrastructure protection (CIP), law enforcement and counterintelligence (LE/CI), document and media exploitation (DOMEX), and counterterrorism (CT).
Located in Linthicum, Maryland, DC3 components serve the DoD and other U.S. Federal agencies throughout the world. The DC3 organization consists of a mix of military, civilian, and contractor support personnel. The DC3 environment is dynamic and constantly evolving which contributes to priorities frequently changing.
Leidos is seeking a highly qualified candidate for this Key Personnel position for the DC3-DCFL Contract. This is a leadership position supporting the DC3 Computer Forensics Laboratory (CFL). The CFL supports Digital Multi-Media (D/MM) forensic examinations, device repair, data extraction, and expert testimony for DoD agencies Support intrusion and malware analysis.
This position will be co-located with the DC3-DCFL customer in Linthicum, MD. This is a full time position that must work at the customer location and no telework is allowed.
This candidate will have overall Technical and Supervisory responsibilities for the Intrusions component of the CFL, reporting directly to the DC3-DCFL Program Manager. The team will assist in eliminating the threat of network intrusions by proactively probing network defenses to identify vulnerabilities to include administering network scans as required. The individual will need to participate significantly in proposal development, including Orals.
- An active Top Secret/SCI Clearance is required.
- BA/BS and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated experience leading technical efforts and supervising teams in a forensics lab environment similar to the scope and complexity of DC3 DC3/CFL.
- Demonstrated experience performing D/MM forensics examinations, analysis, and techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft windows, Apple/UNIX and Linux operating systems as it relates to forensics examinations.
- Demonstrated experience with network analysis in support of the investigative process and an understanding of attack vectors in a corporate environment.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing endpoint, PCAP data, and other relevant data sources.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing common digital forensic examination tools, including those referenced in the DC3 (e.g. FTK, EnCase, and X-Ways).
- Demonstrated experience in malware analysis, reverse engineering, software development, and the cyber-attack lifecycle, from the initial exploit and malware execution path to callback destinations and follow-on binary download attempts.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with adversary TTPs and mitigation techniques.
- Prior experience supporting the Intrusions section of the DC3-DCFL Contract.
- Prior experience as an Intrusions Technician supporting a large DoD or Intel customer providing Cyber Forensics.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.