The Mission Solutions Group at Leidos has a government contract with a classified customer in the National Capital Region which requires a PCB Engineering and Manufacturing technician. The candidate will be responsible for directly and indirectly managing personnel and tasks including manual and machine-enabled printed circuit board (PCB) assembly, fabrication and design. The candidate must also have knowledge of PCB manufacturing and assembly equipment, assembly components and assembly processes including fluids, gases, and materials management and storage.
· Manage personnel, project objectives, and project schedules for PCB design, fabrication and assembly
· Design and develop customized PCB engineering solutions to unique, complex Customer requirements
· Lead team in creating PCB design and fabrication, managing associated component files
· Lead team in maintaining a safe operating environment in the shop and work closely with the safety officer to adhere to OSHA and EPA regulations
· Lead and manage the development and direction for associated officer training courses
· Communicate and interface with internal and external procurement vendors to define specific components required and the associated timelines
· CONUS and OCONUS travel may be required 5% of the time
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical engineering or equivalent and 4 years of relevant experience. Work experience can be used in lieu of degree/combined with education
· Experience managing manual and machine-enabled printed circuit board assembly
· Demonstrated experience leading teams including strong customer service and interpersonal skills
· Demonstrated experience solving complex problems with PCB design and manufacturing
· Demonstrated experience with manual PCB assembly
· Demonstrated experience operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting PCB fabrication and assembly equipment (Essemtec or Micronics), software and supplies
· Demonstrated experience interpreting schematics, assembling PCBs and components using industry best practices, soldering and performing 100% quality inspections of final assemblies
· Demonstrated experience performing x-ray inspection of all reflowed and reworked boards
· Demonstrated ability to assist and train engineers on new designs, PCB layouts, providing assembly insight, and with PCB assembly equipment and tooling
· Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, adapt quickly to changing requirements
· An active TS/SCI with a polygraph is required is order to be considered for this position
· Demonstrated ability to maintain IPC certifications
· Demonstrated experience in project management
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.