Under the ITSSC II program, Leidos supports the full range of IT integration services supporting a multi-platform computing environment, including: information systems modernization initiatives, software engineering, project management, infrastructure services, data warehousing, database administration, research, planning, security, federal enterprise architecture initiatives, and all levels of Internet, Intranet and Web portal initiatives and migrating legacy architecture to web-based platforms.
Leidos has an immediate need for a highly motivated Senior WebFocus Developer. The BI Tools Developer will be responsible for assisting the customer in providing management and guidance for all areas of WebFOCUS report development, including design, development, testing and user acceptance, implementation and production support. Support all areas of WebFOCUS BI report development, from requirements through postproduction support. The role includes working with architects, lead and mentor software developers, lead business and technical discussions with programmers to facilitate the development of WebFOCUS BI Portals, Reports. They will use superior oral and written communications skills as needed to effectively present results, as well as, convey progress, issues, reports, and other customer deliverables with clarity and value. The developer may assist with documenting the conversion effort, including lessons learned.
The candidate will be collocated with the SSA government employees and subcontractors at a government facility in Baltimore, Maryland. The candidate must be able to pass a Federal Suitability Check for a position of public trust.
- Demonstrated design and development skills using WebFOCUS 8, or above.
- Experience using Information Builders WebFOCUS Suite of products 8.x (e.g. WebFOCUS App Studio; Info Assist; Report Caster; Resource Analyzer; Client; Portals; ESRI Maps and Report Servers)
- In-depth experience to develop interactive self-service portals, visualizations, Ad-HOC Reports, ESRI Maps.
- Strong DB2, Greenplum SQL programming skills.
- Ability to Identify and propose data presentations to meet evolving business’s needs; utilize various technology/ applications/ methodologies to rapidly generate impactful visualizations
- Strong understanding of reporting, BI tools and visualization, platforms, and techniques
- Experience in full implementation life-cycle of application design, development, implementation and rollout, and handling post-production support.
- Experience with version control software such as MKS and Bitbucket.
- Ability to independently and rapidly learn new technology, as needed
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing at a professional level.
- Ability to explain complex technical and management information with conciseness, clarity, and accuracy.
- Self-managed with the ability to coach and mentor others.
- Communicate requirements and project architecture to stakeholders, developers and management.
- Knowledge of Tableau.
- Ability to quickly learn new BI Tools as needed.
- Strong background in coding and testing Section 508 standards.
- Strong knowledge of various data sources and ability to connect to multiple data sources and systems relevant to the business unit supported
- Extensive technical experience with requirements analysis efforts for large-scale successful IT system implementations.
- Requirements analysis experience with identifying services and defining processing requirements in a SOA environment.
- Business Process Modeling experience to visualize, document, model and analyze business processes.
- Experience in Identifying product and technology gaps and deriving viable solutions to business challenges
- Identifying, advocating and driving substantive advancement in technology, process, organizational structure or feature-set
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Day to Day Duties:
- Attend Stand-Up meetings with Product Owner, Scrum Master and developers.
- Design and develop code/reports based upon business requirements.
- Participate in feature grooming sessions to elaborate on requirements and assess level of effort.
- Perform peer reviews of team members’ code to improve quality and standards compliance.
- Develop design alternatives to migrate from WebFocus 7 to 8
- Collaborate with other teams to design data source solutions and troubleshoot data discrepancies.
- Resolve build issues, software defects, and production support issues, when necessary.
- Bachelor's +7 years relevant experience or Master's +6 years relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:ADP2 / IT2
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.