Are you ready to join Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show how to accelerate your career path.
The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you, our next Chief Engineer, to assist with the release of a state-of-the-art technology stack supporting a developing NMEC program providing technical systems engineering support in our Reston, VA or Bethesda, MD office.
You will work closely with architects, systems engineers, software and data engineers, and data scientists on the following key tasks which we call the fun stuff you will do on the job:
• Technical support of systems engineering activities such as feature/requirements analysis, design, implementation planning, integration and test, sustainment, documentation, deployment, and system assessment
• Help to define processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility
• Support and employ MBSE approach for systems planning, design, execution, and sustainment in coordination with the Lead SE and SE team members
• Provide technical input to systems engineering documentation and diagrams/models working in coordination/collaboration with SE team members and SE manager
• Provide technical input to system architecture and help with re-designs and improvements
• Attend design sessions and Provide technical input considering program priorities and product roadmap
• Assist in establishing SE processes and tools to accomplish analysis, problem diagnosis and solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and related activities
• Obtain solid understanding of software features in order to plan for current and upcoming releases
• Obtain solid understanding of infrastructure design and architecture
• Participate in release planning, scrum of scrums, bug triage and other pertinent meetings
• Assist with resolution of technical issues that adversely impact successful product delivery
• Assist with identifying and supporting external dependencies where needed
This is you:
• BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience with 12+ years in software development, system engineering or related field, or 4 additional years in lieu of degree. 10+ years of experience with Master’s degree.
• Must have an active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance
• At least 8+ years’ experience working as a systems engineer
• Experience with system architecture design
• Experience with creating product roadmap
• Experience with holding technical sessions involving customer and other stake holders
• Experience/knowledge of key Agile processes and techniques
• Familiarity with MBSE approach and tools or experience with framework/approach similar to MBSE such as Cameo Systems Modeler
• Experience with big data applications
• Experience with CI/CD pipeline
• Experience with Gitlab (workflow), JIRA, and Confluence
• Ability to track and produce key metrics
• Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic, fast-pace environment.
• Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Software development/coding experience with programming languages such as Python
• Experience with database systems, search engines, model view controller (MVC); web applications
• Experience with operationalization of AI/ML services
• Experience in a Linux Red Hat and Centos environment
• Experience with Elastic Search
• Experience with Kubernetes
• Experience with Kafka
• Familiarity with continuous integration/continuous development tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, or equivalent)
• Familiarity with Cloudera
• Familiarity with Redis
• Scaled Agile Framework certification (SAFe Agilist or other)
More about the Program:
The DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) program is a next generation machine learning pipeline platform that provides cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members. D3P is continuing to advance the state of the art in mission-focused big data analytics tools and micro-service development spanning the breadth of Agile sprints to multiyear research and development cycles.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.