The CIO Services Group of Leidos is seeking an eID Support Analyst. In this role, you will primarily support the Leidos internal cloud based Pki infrastructure. We are looking for a candidate that has as solid understanding of Pki and digital certificates, certificate authorities, MFA, smart cards and supporting technologies (inc. Cloud Based). The eID Support Analyst will troubleshoot issues with certificates and tokens in a Windows environment, as well as work with our supporting vendors. The eID Support Analyst must possess diagnostic skills, critical thinking, and ability to work independently and also as part of a small but heavily-tasked security team. Strong oral/written communication skills, an exceptionally keen focus on details and quality, and customer interface skills are a necessity.
Please note: Work location for this position will be San Diego, California.
- Participate directly in the resolution of customer-facing issues related to the Leidos PKI Framework certificate management lifecycle.
- Perform LRA (Local Registration Authority) role processing requests and verifying information for new accounts, revocation, renewals and reissues for ECA (External Certificate Authority) Certificates in support of Leidos users engaged in DoD contracts.
- Support cloud based Certification Authorities (CAs)
- Manage issuing PKI and OTP tokens to new employees, as well as troubleshoot PKI and OTP tokens issues.
- Respond to calls, emails, and /or Service Desk incidents by providing customers with information and/or technical solutions to issues.
- Maintain procedure documentation, metrics, database, inventory, training materials, and internal Sharepoint site. Familiarity with the MS Office suite and general database knowledge
- Work with vendors on resolving customer issues
- Contribute to the technical direction on all areas of PKI architecture, including policies, standards, strategies, automation and governance
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology related field and 2+ years of experience related to systems administration. Additional years of relevant experience, professional certifications, and/or training will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Knowledgeable in Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), and digital certificate management processes and leading practices Experience with cloud based Pki infrastructure
- Experience troubleshooting digital certificate issues
- Familiarity with Windows 10 in an Enterprise environment, Familiarity with browser and application keystores, must have the ability to troubleshoot Windows issues related to certificates.
- Understanding of smart card technologies
- Experience with ServiceNow or other Change/Incident/Problem management (ITSM) ticketing technology
- Database administration experience.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Must have the interpersonal skills/ communication skills to deal effectively with executive management and general staff regarding support issues with high degrees of complexity/urgency and work issues to resolution.
- Proficient in Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Access.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.