Be part of a dynamic team in providing legal and technical services to support the Department of Justice and other U.S. Government agencies. From emails and instant messages, to serves, electronic devices, and social media systems, we’re equipped to meet the challenge of forensically capturing, reviewing, and illuminating the “smoking gun” evidence. Join us and make a difference.
Leidos is looking for a top notch Senior User Support Specialist/User Trainer to perform User Support and Help Desk support for one of our federal agency customers in Chicago, IL.
Overtime and travel may be required as needed with proper authorization. Individual may support any division/section within depending on the needs of the office at time of hire.
Typical assignments include the following but not limited to:
Provides telephone help desk and on-site support to end users. Applications supported will be chiefly litigation support applications but may also include other office applications such as word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and graphics packages.
Provides assistance in using hardware and software.
Performs help desk functions, such as answering and responding to user phone calls, installing and troubleshooting litigation support packages on user desktops, and coordinating support with office automation support contractors and staff. Assists users in constructing simple queries and reports and helps solve routine problems related to accessing databases. Assists in setting up and operating end user support program for major applications in support of specific projects.
Installs and troubleshoots litigations support packages on user desktops.
Provides basic and advanced training in database access and usage.
Training will most often be user level training for specific databases or specific software packages, including word processing and other office automation packages. Audience may include attorneys, paralegals, Government Case Managers, client agency staff, and/or other Contractor employees.
Prepares training approach and materials. Arranges for use of training facilities, for access to appropriate applications, etc.
Sets up overall user training programs, particularly for complex applications such as groupware and workflow packages which require active on-going training and support to ensure that they are being used effectively, but also for litigation support and office automation applications.
Develops training course outlines and agendas. Establishes training facilities and schedules. May supervise work of teams of user support staff, such as help desk staff. Organizes, prepares, schedules and conducts training sessions.
Perform other miscellaneous tasks.
The above mentioned duties may be performed as single functions or in combination with one another. One is expected to perform duties as defined by the contract.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- At least two years of experience involving teaching/training users in computer applications, preferably database, imaging, or other automated litigation support applications will generally be expected.
- At least one year must be experience with the specific applications being supported.
- Must have hands-on familiarity with the network, telecommunications, and operating systems environment of the applications being supported.
- Should be an expert user of the Government's word processing, spreadsheet, and email systems.
- Pleasant telephone manner important.
- Ability to work and interact professionally and effectively with all levels of staff.
- Ability to meet established deadlines and work as a team player in a professional office.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Experience working in a Government and/or Litigation Support environment in conjunction with basic qualifications, preferred.
- Experience with Relativity, Casemap, Trial Director, strongly preferred.
- Undergraduate degree strongly preferred.
- Supervisory experience helpful.
- Experience with DOJ office automation environments extremely helpful.
- Prior teaching/training experience involving computer applications, preferably database, imaging, or other automated litigation support applications strongly preferred.
- Current or active clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Computer Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.