Reinvent yourself at Leidos! Uncover your potential by becoming a member of our team in Qatar. We have an upcoming opening for a Mid-Level Systems Administrator/ Field Service Engineer to support the Army Biometrics program in Qatar. The candidate chosen for this position will primarily work 10 hours per day, six days per week, for 60 hours per week, all paid with potential for signing and completion bonuses along with various pay premiums.
Why this mission? The M-FSE will be supporting a high profile program to provide operations, maintenance, and associated support for all devices associated with biometrics support for our warfighters. The program is an established Identity Management and Collection solution that has led the effort to identify foes in the War on Terror. Leidos assists in this worldwide effort by aiding the US Military in the utilization of technology to positively identify individuals in a challenging world of confirming identities. Team Leidos has been providing world class development and field support to the program since its inception in 2004. We have worked side-by-side with our DoD Partners to develop, deploy, maintain, train and operate the program wherever it has been deployed as a force multiplier in the critical war on terror mission. The Sys Admin will provide technical support for the installation, repair, and sustainment of complex systems. Rapid response is required to address outages, answering questions about installation, operation, configuration, customization and usage of designated systems and services.
Assist the Warfighter with daily system tasks, including the following:
- Systems administration, maintenance, documentation, and reporting.
- Provide Functional Analysis and Subject Matter Expertise by supporting the planning of biometrics operations by application users in the theater of operations
- Provide comprehensive and responsive network and engineering support services, planning, scheduling, operation, optimization, database administration, development, security administration, maintenance, network management, network monitoring, administration, and configuration management including local area networks (LANs) and connectivity to associated wide-area-networks (WANs).
- Customer interaction in response to reported problems and user training requests (assistance may be needed during off hours as needed)
- System start-up, initialization, and shut down
- Windows server design and development
- Daily technical support services for the US Army on the system, including email and web servers, laptops, and handheld collection platforms; to include planning, operation, optimization, security administration, development, maintenance, and network management.
- Network security functions IAW the System Security Authorization Agreement (SSAA)- maintains network stability through troubleshooting, timely resolution of incidents, and proactive maintenance
- Database transaction reconciliation
- Implementing system upgrades, including planning, scheduling, testing, and coordinating and managing system network availability.
- Implementing IA patches
- Identification and resolution of network connectivity issues, software and hardware upgrades, and general maintenance of laptops, servers and peripherals.
- Collaboration and coordination with outside organizations will be periodically necessary.
- Must have an active DoD Secret Clearance at a minimum with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI upon hire.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree and 4 years relevant work experience (additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree).
- Currently possess DoD 8570 at the IAT level II, consisting of 2 or more qualified certifications
- Must have MCSA certification.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct oversight
- Ability to work in remote locations
- Proven ability to create scripts for system administration/setup, examine firewalls and ports to identify and fix communication issues, perform database maintenance, ensure data integrity and track hardware locations.
- Working knowledge of programming languages in Microsoft .NET, Visual Basic or Visual C#, Web Administration (IIS), and software and hardware test procedures.
- Military background with a clear understanding of the military structure, mission and responsibilities.
Additional Deployment Criteria:
- Position requires individual to pass medical, dental, and psychological screenings according to criteria established by the customer and be designated “fit for deployment.”
- Professional customer-focused attitude, impeccable teamwork, and ethics.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.