Health Growth Solutions (HGS) is our Innovation team that performs Research & Development projects and builds new Leidos differentiated solutions to solve ‘real-world’ problems. The activities we perform include but are not limited to performing Proof of Concepts, Vendor Solution Assessments, building differentiated Leidos solutions and deploying them to pilot customers.
Core Responsibilities include
- Developing UI prototypes for various platforms - including iOS, Android, Web, and our internal intranet platform
- Building a reusable component library for compelling user interfaces
- Identifying and troubleshooting UX and UI issues
- Writing the front-end code and building the user interfaces
- Conducting live application tests and tweaks
- Collaborating with and accepting feedback from the design, product, QA, and technology teams
- Communicating project status and deliverables with managers and team members in clear, concise terms
- 5+ years’ experience as a UX Developer
- In-depth knowledge of user interface models, application design, and website functionality
- Experience with industry standards in accessibility, internationalization, performance optimization, cross-browser compatibility, caching etc
- Familiarity with relevant frameworks (ex. React, Angular, Bootstrap, Material UI, and third party visualization products like Tableau)
- Knowledge of design software including Adobe XD, Figma, Axure, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Sketch, etc.
- Good communication skills
- 10+ years’ development and related industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Graphic Design, Web Design, or similar field
- Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and focused on delivering outcomes
- Resilient with the ability to find innovative ways around road blocks
- Enthusiasm and curiosity to explore and pick up new technologies and concepts
- Can work in an iterative way starting with ambiguity and loosely structured requirements
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.