This position provides Cyber Security technical expertise to C5ISR Center Sustaining Base Network Assurance Branch (SBNAB) Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) Security Operations Center (SOC). Areas of focus include Guard, Firewall, Secure Network Server, format security solutions, "Smart Cards", and emerging technologies and future trends.
- Support the SBNAB DCO Senior Cyber Security Specialist with all Cyber Security issues.
- Support all network defense operations, and be familiar with the operations process flow and execution.
- Analyze and resolve INFOSEC technical problems.
- Configure testbeds and conduct testing, record and analyze results, and provide recommendations for improvements for the products/systems under test.
- Support the integration of INFOSEC solutions and technologies into networks with particular attention to protocols, interfaces, and system design.
- Provide security engineering analysis on a variety of information systems.
- Develop security accreditation/certification documentation, and create and maintain security policy and procedures.
- Perform security certification engineering analysis, vulnerability assessments, and risk assessments.
- Design and configure security tools.
- Develop test procedures, establish test environments, execute security certification test/demonstrations/evaluations, document results, and develop reports, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Conceptualize and implement security systems and architectures.
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of professional experience; additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Must have a DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE or equivalent) to start.
- Must have an active Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
- Must have knowledge of TCP/IP, information security/authorization profiles, or security administration of Unix or NT network/systems.
- Must have knowledge of Government security policies and familiarity with security-related technologies and auditing tools.
- General experience in system engineering; electrical design, software engineering; program design and implementation; configuration management; or maintenance.
- Experience in heterogeneous computer networking technology and work in protocol and/or interface standards specification.
- Deep technical understanding of core current cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities.
- Hands-on cybersecurity experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
- CND experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of network threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intelligence driven defense and/or Cyber Kill Chain methodology.
- Experience in a 24x7 environment.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.