The CSS Operation at Leidos is seeking a motivated individual to work in a dynamic environment with a team of Cyber Engineers in reverse engineering, vulnerability research, prototyping, design, development, integration, and test tasks to develop capabilities against various networking devices. This work will leverage your ability to deconstruct and tear-down of a variety of hardware and software, focusing on network devices and technologies, and developing capabilities to utilize the vulnerabilities discovered. The candidate must be experienced in working with a dynamic team of cyber researchers and engineers through all stages of the product lifecycle – from vulnerability research to development and test.
• US Citizen with TS//SCI Clearance
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information systems or applicable engineering field and minimum 8-12 years of experience in computer science, information systems, or network engineering;
• Minimum eight (8) years of experience programming in Assembly, C, C++, Java, Perl, and/or Python;
• Minimum five (5) years of experience programming cyber tools and/or techniques for the US Government or commercial sector
• Experience performing open source research & vulnerability analysis
• Experience utilizing reverse engineering tools such as IDA Pro to analyze firmware of embedded devices
• Experience with disassembly of HW
• Experience using commercial off the shelf (COTS), and free open source (FOS) debugging and analyzer tools
• Ability to analyze network traffic for vulnerabilities
• Demonstrated experience with scripting and programming languages
• Experience developing documentation and reports (analysis reports, test reports, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver briefings, technical presentations, and program documentation to senior program management
List additional skills and experience that is “nice to have” but not required.
• Demonstrated experience programming techniques to evade host and/or network-based intrusion detection systems
• Demonstrated experience developing programs to capture, analyze, and interpret raw network traffic
• Demonstrated experience with network sockets programming including developing packet-level programs, expert packet-level understanding of IP, TCP, and application-level protocols
• Demonstrated understanding of IP, TCP, and application-level protocols
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security Research and Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.