The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Sr. Principal Systems Engineer to work on Leidos site /performing system design, integration and test of communications and network systems, technical preparation of proposals, architecture design, signal propagation analysis, interference analysis, link budget analysis, traffic/capacity planning, system cost and pricing, preparation of system technical documents, communications system design review, and equipment selection and specification for communications systems.
The Chief / Sr. Principal Systems Engineer will be responsible for all phases of technical project planning and execution including requirements analysis, system design, development, integration, testing, and implementation / fielding. Evaluates alternative solutions based on cost and risk, reliability, maintainability, availability, and supportability for a total systems life cycle analysis. Duties include:
- Evaluate and recommend a variety of wireless technologies to determine suitability for customer applications;
- Perform architecture development and detailed design for terrestrial and wireless networks and systems, satellite networks, radio / microwave networks and broadband enterprise and tactical communications requirements and programs;
- Performing network configuration and implementation planning of data, voice, and video networks;
- Perform technical management, integration, system testing, and evaluation of new technologies, solutions, and alternatives;
- Develops white papers, marketing briefs, and supports Business Development (BD) and proposal activities to include leading technical writing and solution development / architecting solutions
- May serve as a technical lead on complex projects and initiatives including IR&D
- Mentors other technical staff members
- Masters degree with 15-20 years of prior relevant experience
- U.S. citizen
- Active Top Secret security clearance
- Experience with design and use of telecommunications systems with vast experience in the design, integration, installation and test of wireless, microwave, fiber optic and satellite communications systems networks around the world.
- Versatile knowledge of Internet Protocols (IP, TCP, UDP, IMCP, etc.) and Internet IP Addressing scheme (IPV4 and IPV6).
- Knowledgeable on analog and digital (MPEG2, MPEG4, H.264, and H.265) video systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate with internal team members across multiple areas and client team members.
- Ability to influence project/team leaders and stakeholders regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
- Experience and qualifications for designing and implementing wireless systems including (802.11 and 802.16) WiMax, RF links for satellite earth stations and radio systems (e.g. HF, VHF, and UHF), and microwave and satellite communications systems that range from Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT) networks up to Intelsat Standard A Earth Stations with extensive experience using different satellite access technologies like Frequency Division Multiple Access (FDMA), Single Channel per carrier (SCPC-DAMA) on demand, Time Division Multiplex/Time Division Multiple Access (TDM/TDMA), Time Division Multiple Access on Demand (TDMA-DAMA) and DVB-S2 for satellite networks.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.