The Proposal Operations organization provides an enterprise shared service to produce winning proposals. It provides best-in-class proposal managers, writers, graphic designers, graphic artists, desktop publishers and proposal coordinators for high priority, high dollar value proposal opportunities. It supports capture and proposal efforts for all Leidos Business Groups both domestically and overseas. Proposal Operations is also responsible for the management and maintenance of a variety of tools and data repositories such as CCE, the management and population of a proposal reuse system as well as the corporations CRM system. The organization also documents and implements policies and training programs.
The Proposal Operations BD Vice President must thrive in an environment where they understand how and when to match their employees to support the full Leidos Win Plan life cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. The ideal candidate has a proven track record in capturing new business, running successful captures, and pipeline management.
The candidate will be expected to participate in capture and proposal planning activities, to include weekly pipeline reviews, Leidos Win Plan implementation and training, opportunity collaboration sessions and gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal writing and reviews. The Proposal Operations BD VP will identify, develop, and implement near- and long-term capture and proposal strategies that help improve capture and proposal effectiveness and efficiency. They will be familiar with and monitor the Leidos Enterprise New Business Pipeline, establish Proposal Operations priorities and recommend and allocate resources to help produce winning proposal solutions.
The position manages a team of business development professionals, including proposal managers, writers, graphic designers, graphic artists, desktop publishers and proposal coordinators to support the enterprise in developing and delivering compliant, compelling, winning proposals. It also requires sound fiscal management to ensure that the proposal operations staff stays on budget by maintaining a high staff utilization rate.
The candidate is expected to exercise sound judgment within broadly defined practices and policies; regularly interact with all levels of management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and internal customers; and display a high degree of tact and diplomacy. Characteristics necessary for success include: business and technical vision; disciplined strategic thinking; analytical presentation and problem solving skills; the ability to gain internal support; and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with Group leadership staff, managers, and peers. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
- Manage a geographically dispersed, diverse organization.
- Monitor and understand the Leidos Enterprise pipeline and prioritize requests for resources.
- Create workforce and staffing plans for function/families (Proposal Managers, Writers, Graphic Artists, etc.) to ensure efficient use of resources. Ensure staff are focused on the Leidos Enterprise priorities.
- Monitor the Proposal Operations budget and develop and implement strategies to stay within budget.
- Monitor and report on the performance of Proposal Operations staff to ensure the staff is meeting Operations and BD expectations.
- Interact routinely with all levels (SVP and VP level) of Division, Operation and Group management to prioritize capture sand resource appropriately.
- Provide strategic and tactical direction regarding various business systems
- Support overall strategic planning and data calls related to proposal and capture activities (e.g. metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline).
- Conducts Lessons Learned for all major pursuits – document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to proposal technique, strategy, and actions.
- Advance understanding and implementation of the Leidos Win Plan and gather and share issues with and ideas for improvement.
- Participate in business planning activities, to include weekly staff meetings, pipeline reviews, CO&E workshops, and opportunity reviews
- Bachelor’s degree and 15 years of prior relevant experience with 12+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects
- Proven track record of successful capture and pipeline management across multiple DoD organizations and program offices at a variety of acquisition sizes
- Willing to travel as required, based on negotiated work location, up to 25% per month
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports
- Master's degree preferred
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and motivate teams to perform highly effectively and efficiently
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with the Proposal Operations organization, CO&E and the broader Leidos enterprise.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.