The DHMSM program provides modernization of Electronic Health Record (EHR) capabilities for the Department of Defense. The Leidos Partnership for Defense Health (LPDH) is seeking Rhapsody Engineer candidates for the engineering team to support a number of tasks to define, implement, deploy and sustain new capabilities for the MHS GENESIS DoD EHR system.
- The primary responsibility is to monitor Rhapsody HL7 interfaces for an electronic health records system. Other duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain continuous operation and ensure that HL7 interfaces remain functional, by developing solutions for issues as needed.
- Proactively identify data flow issues and/or other technical issues, and work with appropriate internal teams to restore traffic flow.
- Communicate and assist third party vendors with troubleshooting interface issues to full resolution.
- Understand and remain knowledgeable, on the dataflow and data architecture, key data elements, as well as how they work.
- Assist with additional integration efforts as needed.
- Work with architecture team to develop and update processes and procedures for new and existing interfaces.
- Requirements interpretation and decomposition
- Design and implementation of EHR system interfaces
- Software development methodologies
- Software coding techniques
- Cybersecurity implementations.
- Rhapsody development, code modifications, and troubleshooting.
- Monitor Rhapsody dashboards and proactively address interface errors related to connectivity and payload as they occur.
- Provide status updates on various ancillary systems, EMRs and Health Information Exchange (HIE) applications to Senior Analyst, Integration.
- Monitor interface engine to ensure uninterrupted message transfer between electronic systems.
- Make minor configurations to the tool as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- BA degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience
- US Citizen with ability to obtain and maintain an ADP IT-II Public Trust Clearance based on the minimum of a Tier 3 investigation. Federal Government requirement.
- Experience with Windows and Linux-based IT systems.
- Experience with Rhapsody integration engine, monitoring and maintaining system interfaces.
- Familiar with EAI, web services and interface messaging standards.
- Knowledge of integration and troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience with large-scale enterprise system of systems integration and deployment
- Experience with Cerner EHR implementations
- Familiarity with DoD Configuration Management and Systems Engineering methodologies
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.