Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Be part of a dynamic team in providing legal and technical services to support the Department of Justice. From emails and instant messages, to electronic devices, and social media systems, we’re equipped to meet the challenge of forensically capturing, reviewing, and illuminating the “smoking gun” evidence. Join us and make a difference!
Leidos is looking for a highly-motivated, first-class Lead Project Manager to join the Automated Litigation Support (ALS) Triage Unit of the Environment and Natural Resources Division (ENRD) of the U.S. Department of Justice at 150 M Street NE, Washington, DC. Join our team and be a valued part of ENRD's mission to enforce civil and criminal environmental laws and programs protecting the health and environment of the United States, and to defend suits challenging those laws and programs.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner with internal and external colleagues of all levels, as well as solve complex problems on numerous litigation-related subjects using your skills and available technological tools. If you are well-organized, relish a position where no two days are alike, can work under tight deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced and diverse environment, this job is for you!
- Senior-level Project Manager with responsibilities for coordinating the efforts of several Project Managers and other staff resources, either on one mammoth project, or for large numbers of projects.
- Planning and managing all support for cases, including monitoring work flow, progress reporting, identifying and assigning staff, budget development and tracking, coordinating technical/data processing and eDiscovery support, and obtaining other required resources.
- Consults with the COR and Government Case Managers.
- Frequent contact with the trial attorneys, client agency staff, and sometimes even opposing counsel.
- Overall quality assurance role to ensure high quality and timeliness of delivery for all work.
- Overall coordinating functions with other Contractor components.
- Ensures that proper security is maintained overall project materials, in accordance with ENRD security procedures.
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite 5 days a week in Washington, DC (once temporary Pandemic Remote work is over OR when asked to return in the office).
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- At least six years of progressively more responsible experience in major litigation support projects, including at least one year of Project Manager experience OR equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to manage numerous complex and time-critical litigation support activities simultaneously, including technical/data processing support activities and cases involving e-discovery.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with attorneys on complex support activities.
- Requires expert knowledge of litigation support; outstanding writing skills; outstanding oral communication skills; outstanding management skills.
- Strong technical background as demonstrated through user-level knowledge of eDiscovery tools and data management.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Government’s and Contractor’s IT environment in which the work is to be performed, as well as Contractor’s “standard solutions” for eDiscovery, e.g., Clearwell, Relativity or other document review platform, Trial Director, Brainspace, Everlaw, etc.
- Must be able to anticipate litigation support needs and develop and execute detailed plans for addressing needs.
- Requires knowledge of the Government's data processing environment in which the work is to be performed, including office automation networks, PC-based databases and other applications, and internet and server-based databases and other applications.
- Should have knowledge of the Government’s office and network environment, including but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheet, imaging, and hardware systems.
- Undergraduate degree required. (Substantial significant experience may in some cases be substituted for degree requirement.)
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be able to obtain Public Trust security clearance.
- Law degree, advanced technical certification, or other pertinent graduate degree valued.
- Current or active clearance preferred.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.