Health Growth Solutions (HGS) is our Innovation team that performs Research & Development projects and builds new Leidos differentiated solutions to solve ‘real-world’ problems. The activities we perform include, but are not limited to, performing Proof of Concepts, Vendor Solution Assessments, and building differentiated Leidos solutions and deploying them to pilot customers.
- Extracting and transforming large volumes of data into a format suitable for analysis using Python and NoSQL Queries
- Map Java objects to database columns and records in a way that is optimized for both speed and efficiency
- Designing and building data platforms
- Building and maintaining a high-performance streaming and messaging platforms
- Coding and scripting e.g. Python, Java, and Scala
- Tuning and troubleshooting streaming/messaging platforms
- Develop tools and processes to support the platform
- Ensuring systems meet business requirements and industry practices
- Configuring and tuning systems to be HIPAA complaint
- College Degree in engineering or relevant industry certification. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 12+ years’ experience in development roles
- Deep experience building and interacting with Java objects
- Deep experience with streaming/messaging platforms (Kafka, MQ, etc)
- Experience with ELT methodologies and tools
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB)
- Experience with code repositories (e.g., Git/GitHub)
- Experience working in agile teams
- Desirable experience using analytics engines (e.g., Apache Spark)
- Desirable Health and/or Federal Government domain experience
- Desirable experience with HIPAA compliance
- Desirable hands-on experience with a cloud platforms such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry, AWS, or container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Self-motivated and focused on delivering outcomes
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Resilient with the ability to find innovative ways around against road blocks
- Enthusiasm and curiosity to explore and pick up new technologies and concepts
- Can work in an iterative way starting with ambiguity and loosely structured requirements
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.