The Global Solutions Management-Operations II (GSM-O II), a Defense Group of Leidos, has an opening for a Network Engineer supporting the Joint Communications Support Element (JCSE), MacDill AFB, FL with Tier III routing and switching support.
- Designing, testing, and implementing IGP, EGP, MPLS, VRF, and NFV/Service Chaining on an enterprise network to meet security, performance, operational, and functional requirements.
- Ensuring proper routing protocols are being applied to optimize the end-to-end network performance from the LAN, through a WAN, to a CAN, to a SAN, or a data center.
- Assisting the government with identifying any derived design objectives, technical specifications, performance requirements, and interoperability specifications to ensure the system design will meet stakeholder end-to-end requirements.
- Development, review, and update briefings, papers, or spreadsheets in support of this task.
- Be able to work in a rapid paced environment and must be able to work independently.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- IAT Level III certification (CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP or Associate, GCED, GCIH)
- BS degree and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.