Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Be part of a dynamic team in providing legal and technical services to support the Department of Justice. From emails and instant messages, to electronic devices, and social media systems, we’re equipped to meet the challenge of forensically capturing, reviewing, and illuminating the “smoking gun” evidence. Join us and make a difference!
Leidos is looking for a highly-motivated, first-class Systems Manager to join the Automated Litigation Support (ALS) Triage Unit of the Environment and Natural Resources Division (ENRD) of the U.S. Department of Justice at 150 M Street NE, Washington, DC. Join our team and be a valued part of ENRD's mission to enforce civil and criminal environmental laws and programs protecting the health and environment of the United States, and to defend suits challenging those laws and programs.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner with internal and external colleagues of all levels, as well as solve complex problems using your skills and available technological tools. If you are well-organized, relish a position where no two days are alike, can work under tight deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced and diverse environment, this job is for you!
- Responsible for all technical aspects of very large litigation support projects, particularly those with unique and/or complex requirements, such as establishing a separate, dedicated local area network with a dedicated database server or setting up specialized databases or customized applications.
- Manage all resources for the project, from equipment, to staffing, to coordination and interconnection with other already existing systems.
- Take a very proactive, leadership role in managing the technical aspects of the project, including actively coordinating with a variety of Government representatives, other contractors, and other project and Contractor components, anticipating problems, hiring and training staff, etc.
- Manages user help desk support, system and user documentation, system and user training.
- Oversees development of configuration management, risk analysis, and disaster recovery solutions, particularly for web hosted litigation data.
- Ensures that system and data security are adequately implemented and enforced.
- Consults with the government COR regarding scheduling of work, personnel assignments, priorities and progress reporting; plans, staffs, schedules, and develops cost estimates for work to be performed; and reports on progress.
- Directs and supervises staff; ensures conformance to functional requirements, technical design, and work standards; ensures successful completion of work, timeliness of deliverables, and quality control.
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite 5 days a week in Washington, DC (once temporary Pandemic Remote work is over OR when asked to return in the office).
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- Undergraduate degree (preferably in the computer science or management information/technology disciplines) OR equivalent years of experience may be considered/accepted in lieu of degree.
- Five or more years of substantial, in-depth skills and experience setting up and running Windows based systems and applications.
- A Masters with three or more years of experience may be substituted for the undergraduate with five or more years of experience.
- At least several years of first line management experience is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- In all cases, management skills, systems analysis and leadership skills, and communications skills will be extremely important.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Experience in implementing user support help desks extremely helpful.
- Experience developing and deploying new applications to an established user group extremely helpful.
- Experience in a litigation support environment would be extremely helpful (Clearwell, Relativity, IPRO eCapture, Everlaw, Brainspace, etc.).
- Hands-on experience in a Windows office automation environment such as JCON would be extremely helpful.
- Graduate degree in computer science or information management/technology preferred.
- Trial support experience a plus (Trial Director or Sanction).
- Current or active clearance.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technology Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.