Leidos is looking for an Instructional Designer (Server) to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced cryptographic key management program. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test and production environments. We are using Test Driven Development (TDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. Leidos is the prime contractor providing system engineering, development, test, integration and operational support. The multi-year program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
The selected candidate will work with an experienced training team to develop and deliver certifiable training for adult learners. He/she will:
- Collaborate with other ISDs/Training Developers to design and develop classroom learning solutions to prepare students to carry out their mission working with a multi-node rack mounted server system.
- Conduct competency-based platform training that incorporates multiple instructional technologies.
- Consult with subject-matter experts to determine instructional requirements, analyze server systems and components, adapt engineering references, and implement training solutions.
- Collaborate with technical writers and web managers to prepare and deliver a variety of training products.
- Develop and maintain WCI products.
- Plan, design, and deliver learning strategies based on a blended-learning strategy.
- Instruct adult learners.
- Evaluate instructional programs, course content, and instructional methodologies.
- Analyze learning objectives against program requirements, and coordinate data gathering and processing for various levels of evaluation and assessment.
- Develop job aides for users, subject matter experts, and instructors who may be new to the targeted technology.
- Develop and maintain WCI content and Lesson Plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Systems Design, Instructional Technology, Adult Learning, Curriculum Design or a related field and at least 8 years of experience in a training-related field. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 along with Server Core administration experience.
- Linux system administration experience.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with technical staff.
- Ability to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Master’s degree and 5+ years of experience in platform delivery and development.
- Familiarity with complex network systems, to include firewalls, Load Balancers, NIDS, NAT, PAT, VPC and complex ACLs on multiple hardware architectures including Cisco Nexus and Cisco Catalyst lines.
- Experience troubleshooting IT systems and networks.
- Experience managing training projects and teaching hands-on technology courses.
- Experience developing technical publications such as requirements specifications, user manuals, technical manuals, training manuals, and other documents for end users.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technical Trainer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.