Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a program within the Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos, has an opening for a Network Impact Assessment (NIA) Technician. Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL and acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
You must hold active DOD Secret Clearance to start on this program and must be eligible to obtain Top Secret Clearance. IAT II 8570 Certification, or higher, is also required (Security+ce, CISSP)
Details of the Role:
The team member will provide support to the Operational Engineer (OE) Service Delivery Manager (SDM) as a member of the Network Impact Assessment (NIA) team. The primary role will be to evaluate all circuits and/or network elements in the entire DISA-provided GIG services network in order to provide network impact assessments for scheduled outages and potential network events to customers and Government oversight entities in addition to ensuring that the assessments are populated in the Trouble Management System.
- Provide analyses of assessments by determining the impact to the network and formulating responses
- Identify and provide the ability to surge during emergencies
- Correlate event and incident data and determine actions to be taken
- Determine possible event effects on the networks and to customers and other organizations
- Use network management and performance monitoring tools to identify components/elements which may lead to or cause network degradation or failure
Education and Experience Required:
- Requires High School diploma and 1-3 years prior relevant experience.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team focused environment while maintaining excellent attention to detail and providing outstanding customer service
- Ability to obtain DoD 8570 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE
- Strong written and verbal communications and collaboration skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Currently possess an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) or possess an active DoD Top Secret Security Clearance
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Experience with one or more: network design; network management; traffic engineering; LAN maintenance; IP routing; ATM switching; Optical network; network appliances (WAN acceleration, etc)
- Experience in one or more of the following devices/vendors: CISCO; Juniper; Ciena; Sycamore; Promina
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant IT engineering discipline
- ITIL certification
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.