Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals. Driven by our talented workforce, the Integrated Missions Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
Leidos is looking for a high performing candidate to fill a Senior Security Specialist position supporting security functions for the U.S. Department of Energy in Washington, D.C., and/or Germantown, MD. The Senior Security Specialist will directly support work functions that provide physical, technical, personnel, program planning and management, nuclear material control and accountability, and information security for DOE programs and facilities in the National Capital Region.
This position requires an experienced person with demonstrated expertise in nuclear safeguards and security including classified matter, computer systems, information, special nuclear material, protection, protective force management, and protection of property and assets.
This is a full-time contractor-support position located in the Washington, DC area.
- Evaluate the application of security requirements, plans, systems and procedures in accordance and compliance with regulations, standards and DOE Orders and Guides and to determine the overall effectiveness of a program
- Assess security systems, policies, hardware, and concepts in connection with evaluation of physical security chemical/biological programs and protective forces
- Directly support and have knowledge of techniques to protect special nuclear materials, classified documents and information against espionage, theft, sabotage and diversion
- Organize, plan, schedule, implement, control, analyze performance on various security-related projects and programs
- Coordinate with Headquarters, field elements and contractors to identify, mitigate, and control security risks
- Compile information and statistics in support of evaluation processes
- Drive process improvement and innovation
- Plan/lead program reviews and briefings; identify and report on issues or related problems and potential risks
- Present and clearly communicate the status of activities, requirements, and problems during reviews and in response to requests from the Government
Active DOE Q clearance
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in in engineering, law enforcement or security management
- 12 or more years of relevant experience in nuclear safeguards and security, including physical security, classified material protection and control, information security, nuclear material and property and asset security
- Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization and meeting with stakeholders to formulate, review, and execute task plans and deliverable items
- Experience with DOE acquisition processes and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.