Health Growth Solutions (HGS) is our Innovation team that performs Research & Development projects and builds new Leidos differentiated solutions to solve ‘real-world’ problems. The activities we perform include but are not limited to performing Proof of Concepts, Vendor Solution Assessments, building differentiated Leidos solutions and deploying them to pilot customers.
Core Key Responsibilities include
- Designing, building, supporting & optimizing integration solutions between Leidos solutions and customer systems, open data exchange platforms and vendor tools
- Supporting HL7 FHIR integration using APIs and SMART on FHIR applications
- Configuring cloud native integration services e
- Designing & Implementing System Reference Test Beds
- Performing upgrades to integration & automation platforms
- Developing and documenting standardized and supportable software libraries for use on each integration & automation platform
- Writing ETL program code/logic according to predefined specifications
- Building API Proxies and API Policies
- Extracting data from a variety of data stores including relational databases, RESTful web services, LDAP querying, FHIR and a variety of flat-file structures (e.g. HL7).
- Troubleshooting, providing analysis and solutions to various programming issues
- 12+ years experience in System Integration engineering roles
- Hands on experience with HL7, FHIR, EMRs, and Interface Engines
- Hands-on development experience working with APIs and API Gateways
- Maintain proficient programming skills in REST web services, C#.NET, XML, JSON etc
- Experience with Information Systems Integration
- Understand architecture constructs (architecture/design patterns, SOAP, REST etc.).
- Understand HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
- Health and /or Federal / Government domain experience
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- HL7 Certified and/or a minimum of 3 years HL7 experience
- College Degree in engineering or relevant industry certification. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Self-motivated and focused on delivering outcomes
- Resilient with the ability to find innovative ways around against road blocks
- Enthusiasm and curiosity to explore and pick up new technologies and concepts
- Can work in an iterative way starting with ambiguity and loosely structured requirements
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.