Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense group is seeking a Computer Systems Engineer to support our recently awarded SBNAB contract. This position provides Systems Engineering technical expertise to C5ISR Center Sustaining Base Network Assurance Branch (SBNAB) Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) Security Operations Center (SOC). Beyond advising and guiding technical matters, this position is tasked with driving implementation and adoption of new tools, research, capabilities, frameworks, and methodologies while ensuring those already in use are implemented, utilized properly, and improved. You will be expected to assist in planning, implementing, and supporting local and wide-area infrastructure and network solutions between multiple platforms.
Location: Adelphi, MD
Clearance: You must hold an active DoD Top Secret SCI clearance
• Manages / Leads planning and implementation of Linux based security solutions across a variety of networks and environments.
• Works within a team supporting a technical project planning environment.
• Monitors, troubleshoots, and resolves hardware, software, and network issues and coordinates with vendors for installation of such items as servers and switches.
• Monitors all activities of the network facilities and ensures high system availability
• Provides technical support in all customer interaction situations, including receipt of specifications, design, test, and response to service requests.
• Debugs and tests network, infrastructure and system inter-operability
• Provides initial implementation support of subscriber hardware to assure proper execution
• Provides resolution for system failures or degradations
• Provides RMF and accreditation efforts
• Supports projects and provides or maintains documentation as required
• BS degree and 4 to 8 years' of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 to 4 years' of prior relevant experience.
• Must hold an active Top Secret/SCI clearance
• Must hold current DoD 8570 Compliant IAT Level III and CSSP Infrastructure Support Certifications such as RHCA, RHCE, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC Security+ CE, CND, SSCP, CEH
• Three or more years of experience in systems administration and network operations
• Three or more years of experience supporting a classified network, configuring/maintaining routers/switches/firewalls
• Three or more years of experience in cybersecurity and privacy principles used to manage risks related to the use, processing, storage, and transmission of information or data
• Three or more years working knowledge of defense-in-depth principles, network/HW/SW security architecture, network topology, IT device integrity, and common security elements, ITIL framework and best practices
• Three or more years of experience in developing and maintaining technical documents, analyses, and reports
• Extensive experience with DoD and classified networks
• Experience with RMF
• Experience designing and managing high-availability services
• Experience with enterprises to include LINUX and cloud technologies
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
• Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-pasted environment and to work independently
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.