Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense group is currently seeking a Technical Writer to support our recently awarded SBNAB contract. This position provides Systems Engineering technical expertise to C5ISR Center Sustaining Base Network Assurance Branch (SBNAB) Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) Security Operations Center (SOC). Work will be performed out of the Adelphi, MD location. You must hold an active DoD Secret clearance to qualify.
• Review all submitted documents checking for adherence to the guidance documentation such as: Government Printing Office Style Manual 2008, AR 25-50, and DA PAM 600-67
• Ensure documents are in the correct format, are grammatically correct, contain proper punctuation, capitalization, correct spelling, are internally consistent, and contain proper references, footnoting, and pagination.
• Monitor routing, signature approval process, and workflow of assigned documents to ensure document meets project schedule timelines.
• Consult with authors regarding document content, readability, consistency, and validate sources referenced within the document.
• Develop and provide a monthly workload report to the Government detailing matrixed support, document count for those completed and those in-progress and functional areas of support.
• Understand basic concepts and write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
• Prepare reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences
• Communicate directly Government and Subcontractor staff
• Supports projects and provides or maintains documentation as required
• BA degree and 4 to 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 plus years of prior relevant experience
• Must hold an active DoD Secret clearance
• 4 or more years of experience in developing and maintaining technical documents, analyses, and reports
• Proficient with Microsoft products (Office® 2013 or higher editions, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Project)
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
• Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-pasted environment and to work independently
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.