Leidos is seeking candidates for the position of Cloud Engineer supporting the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) in Bethesda, MD. As the Nation’s public health agency, HRSA’s mission is to provide direct and indirect resources to see to the health care needs of the medically under-served in the United States. In order to do so, HRSA requires extensive data on population, income, existing health care resources, the health workforce, as well as various other types of contextual data.
The candidate will serve as a cloud engineer in a team environment standup three (3) environments (Dev, Test, Production) in Amazon Cloud in support of Telehealth system, perform AWS configuration and patching, ensure 99.9% available is met, establish standard operating procedures and implement and use automated tools to monitor infrastructure and security of website. The candidate is expected to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment with good communication and interpersonal skills to work in a customer-focused team environment. Candidate will be a member of an experienced project team.
Qualifications the candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 to 5 years’ experience with building, deploying, managing, and operating cloud solutions
- Experience with Amazon cloud services and managing AWS frameworks using infrastructure as code (IaC) with Terraform and CloudFormation
- Experience with CloudFront and Lambda @ Edge
- Experience with automated tools for monitoring AWS – such as Amazon CloudWatch, SNS, Kinesis, CloudTrail, and Config
- Experience with Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS) and containerization
- Experience working within Linux and comfortable using the terminal
- Establishing standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment both independently and in a team;
- Flexible and able to adapt to new processes and requirements in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage workload within multiple projects, delivering results within agreed deadlines;
- Knowledge of ATO/RMF process
- Knowledge of STIG requirements
- Knowledge of disaster recovery
- Experience with Terraform, strongly preferred
- Experience with Node.js and python preferred
- Experience with Docker
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status and the ability to pass a background investigation is required. Candidates will be required to sign and adhere to data use agreements on an annual basis.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.