Leidos is seeking a Lead Systems Administrator who will be responsible for planning/scheduling the installation, configuration, administration, support and maintenance of systems, including associated hardware. Requires the scheduling of O&M activities and escalation/coordination of all customer related issues. The position requires excellent communications skills, both verbal and written. The candidate must be able to work in a high energy environment and adapt to shifting priorities.
The Lead Systems Administrator on the Origin program performs the following duties:
• Candidate is the Lead Systems Administrator and is the resident expert on the project’s IT operating systems, computing hardware platforms, systems administration and is able to handle complex system administrator issues and unusual occurring job events, where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variables.
• Position will require employee to determine methods and procedures to fulfill new assignments independently. As lead, will require the candidate to monitor, organize, train and lead the efforts of technical support staff and the technical efforts of less experienced staff using verbal and written tasking and follow-up techniques.
• Position involves the development of policies for operational maintenance of the computing systems, developing Standing Operating Procedures and Work Instructions related to the design, development and operational support of computing resources.
• Duties will include leading the development of implementation schedules (including assignment of resources) plus the execution of said schedules and plans, which are integrated into the project’s Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
• Develops functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with development team on systematic enhancements or changes.
• Interacts with users and the project’s Business Manager to research and evaluate vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, and coordinates installation and maintenance.
• Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments. Individual regularly interacts with customer and/or functional managers. Interactions normally involve matters between functional areas and other organization units.
• Ensure that the help desk monitoring systems are operational and are used effectively and efficiently by the team members.
• Have the ability to learn and train help desk personnel on new system changes.
• Develops training plans and schedules for technical support staff; administers group and individual training sessions and monitors training status, updating plans and schedule accordingly
• Champion team needs and requirements within program planning sessions, providing strategic input into the tools, accesses, and other items essential to the team’s success
• Identifies and implements process efficiencies in coordination with program management
• Be the focal point as help desk operational issues arise and escalate concerns to program management promptly.
• Work with customers to collect information about problems and lead customers through diagnostic procedures to determine the source issue.
• Actively oversee/manage incident ticket queues and provide status updates on each ticket per SLA.
• Review tickets daily and reprioritize as needed to ensure compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLA).
• Ability to craft technical and professionally written outage notifications and updates to incident stakeholders.
• Provide system and application diagnoses to remediate issues while engaging other teams as needed
• Conduct continuous improvement service desk support and update knowledge base as required
• Provide brown-bag and training sessions for customers
• Review and update current processes and procedures to ensure their accuracy in accordance with customer requirements and contract policies
• Requires BS degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience or 12 years of experience in lieu of degree
• Must have an active TS/SCI with Poly to be considered
• ITSM products (i.e. Remedy) CRQ/WO/INC/KMS management.
• Application support experience using Remedy or other ticketing and incident management systems.
• Familiarity and practical application of advanced principles of ITIL/ITSM.
• Excellent written and communication skills required; excellent customer service aptitude.
• Ability to present to executive management incident debriefs and root cause analysis reports.
• Must be available for on-call support as required.
• Experience managing Microsoft Windows 2016 in a medium/large (500+ systems) domain environment.
• Day-to-day fluency using Microsoft Active Directory to manage policies & user objects.
• Experience troubleshooting, administering and using Microsoft Windows 2016.
• Experience troubleshooting, administering and using Microsoft Windows Enterprise 10.
• Knowledge of security policies and general vulnerabilities management.
• Possess and maintain one of the following certifications: MTA-IT, A +, Network +, or Security +
* You will be required to pass both a customer required and administered medical and psychological screening, as a condition of employment.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.