Leidos Public Health Division is seeking a Cloud Data Engineer in Atlanta, GA to support our public health data science projects.
Responsibilities include evangelizing data on cloud solutions within the public health division and customers, and leading the design and hands on implementation of the target solution. This role will work with customers and leading other data scientists/analysts in delivering data science solution on cloud. Using Azure/AWS cloud and customer private cloud technologies, our Data Engineer professionals implement state of the art, scalable, high performance Data On Cloud solutions that support the public health mission of our customers. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years demonstrated experience in developing and delivering cloud based data analytics solutions.
Role & Responsibilities
- Provide subject matter expertise and hands on delivery of data capture, curation and consumption pipelines on Azure or AWS
- Ability to build cloud data solutions and provide technical perspective on storage, big data platform services, serverless architectures, hadoop ecosystem, vendor products, RDBMS, DW/DM, NoSQL databases and security
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new solutions and migrating existing data applications on the cloud platform
- Conduct full technical discovery, identifying issues, business and technical requirements, “as is” and “to be” scenarios
- Leading other data analysts/scientists in delivering cloud based data science solutions
- Stay educated on new and emerging data analytics technologies and methodologies
- Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science or a related discipline; or equivalent + 4-8 years of related work experience
- At least 2 years of service delivery experience on Azure or AWS
- At least 3 years of experience in developing data ingestion, data processing, and analytical pipelines for big data, relational databases, NoSQL and data warehouse solutions
- Minimum of 3 years of RDBMS and ETL experience
- Extensive experience working with Azure and/or AWS native services
- Extensive hands-on experience implementing data migration and data processing on a cloud environment
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience in Azure and/or AWS
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Powershell, C#, Java, Node.js, R, Python, SQL, ADLS/Blob, Spark/SparkSQL, Databricks, Hive and streaming technologies such as Kafka, EventHub, NiFI etc.
- Well versed in DevSecOps and CI/CD deployments
- Cloud migration methodologies and processes including tools such as Azure Data Factory, Data Migration Service, SSIS, Attunity (Qlik), Event Hub, Kafka, etc.
- Experience working with Developer tools such as GitLabs, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with private and public cloud architectures, pros/cons, and migration considerations.
- Ability to obtain NACI Clearance.
- Cloud Data Solution certifications or equivalent
- DevOps on an Azure platform
- Experience developing and deploying ETL solutions on Azure
- Familiarity with the technology stack available in the industry for metadata management: Data Governance, Data Quality, MDM, Lineage, Data Catalog etc.
- Familiarity with the Technology stack available in the industry for data management, data ingestion, capture, processing and curation: Kafka, StreamSets, Attunity, GoldenGate, Map Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Cassandra, Spark, Flume, Hive, Impala, etc.
- Extensive hands-on experience implementing data migration and data processing on a cloud environment using Azure services: ADLS, Azure Data Factory, Azure Functions, Synapse/DW, Azure SQL DB, Event Hub, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Analysis Service, HDInsight, Databricks Azure Data Catalog, Cosmo Db, ML Studio, AI/ML, etc.
- Previous working experience at the CDC or other federal agencies
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:NACI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.