Leidos has an opening for a Software Systems Engineer in support of the DCGS-N systems engineering efforts in San Diego CA.
Seeking a Software Systems Engineer to support the Distributed Common Ground System, Navy (DCGS-N) Family of Systems (FoS) which includes DCGS-N INC 1 Block 1, DCGS-N INC 1 Block 2, the DCGS-N Enterprise Node (DEN), the Joint Concentrator Architecture (JCA) and the Intelligence Carry On Program (ICOP) and systems in development. DCGS-N is the Navy's premier Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) processing system.
The successful applicant will be a major contributor to intelligence software integration and testing in PMW-120's System Engineering Division.
The position will involve extensive application configuration and candidates should possess an administrator-level understanding of n-tier Enterprise applications (db, app server, and client) architecture/management as well as the capacity to follow detailed installation procedures.
- Perform analysis on systems to document all functions and define interfaces for integration, testing and quality assurance.
- Will provide solutions based on system requirements. Will work with team to develop solutions to the technical issues and updates that are required.
- Works with senior team and develop junior team members to perform the design process and the procedures for updates.
- Work as a "generalist" on a team responsible for development and integration of current and future DCGS-N system builds.
- Defining DCGS-N baselines and versioning; initiating and conducting studies that examine upgrades and changes to the DCGS-N system; initiating and conducting Enterprise Change Requests (ECRs) documenting a needed change to the system; and providing support to the testing and life cycle activities required to sustain the system.
- 6+ years of overall related IT experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field. Additional years of experience can be considered in lieu of degree.
- Ability to travel 25% including possible underway periods onboard U.S. Navy ships.
- Minimum of IAT II Certifications to meet DoD 8570.1M compliance: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Security+ and CompTIA Server+/and accreditation in Windows, Unix, Linux or Solaris operating systems
- Experience/training with Blade Servers
- Experience/training with VMware
- Experience/training in a Solaris, Windows PC and Windows Server 2008 environment.
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Experience with Oracle Blade Servers/CT900, IBM Blade Center and Blades, Oracle T-4 servers, Dell Windows Servers, NetApp Storage solutions.
- Experience in a Solaris 10/11, MS Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2008 R2/2012/2016, VMWare (vCenter, vSphere, ESXi), MS Hyper-V.
- Previous experience with Java/J2EE, Oracle and COMPOSE/ISNS/CANES Environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with other highly skilled individuals.
- Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance or Distributed Common Ground Station background.
- Basic networking experience and Intel operations (IPL/iSToRE, CGS, JMPS, CVIC systems).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.