Are you interested in working on an exciting, cutting edge Air Force Vanguard program? The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) is seeking an Agile Release Train Engineer (RTE) for a position in Dayton, OH. The RTE will work with the scrum teams on the Leidos team to design and implement aircraft autonomy and supporting software for the Air Force Vanguard program Skyborg. Leidos is currently under contract to create a reference architecture and implementation for the core autonomy system that will autonomously control low-cost, teamed aircraft to provide pilots with key data to support rapid, informed decisions.
As the Release Train Engineer (RTE), you will facilitate the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Agile Release Train (ART) processes and program execution, escalate impediments, manage risk, and help drive program-level continuous improvement for a high-profile Leidos program. You are responsible for facilitating program level work within the SAFe framework and coordinating with Product Owners, Team Leads, Systems Engineer, and Customer stakeholders.
This work is primarily located in Dayton, OH. However, working remotely from the Arlington, VA or Huntsville, AL Leidos offices is possible with occasional travel to Dayton, OH.
• Ensure mission execution, lead and facilitate software teams on the ART through development and delivery, guide the transition to and implementation of SAFe, facilitate the Product Owner Sync and support Scrum of Scrum meetings, and is Agile and SAFE facilitator and coach at the Program level.
• Help to guide and manage the ART and the teams through the delivery of software and services, embracing and casting the Agile mindset across client spaces.
• Provide guidance in Agile, Scrum, and SAFe and leads Agile delivery teams consisting of a mix of organization and possibly contractor/vendor staff.
• Support ART teams with ART Launch and Agile transformations.
• Serve as an expert on Agile software principles to other team members.
• Engage directly with stakeholders to define mission value and prioritize work and build intellectual capital in Agile techniques.
• Collaborate with the communities of practice, develop and conduct Agile-oriented training, and identify and deploy key metrics to enable continuous improvement.
• Represent product owners in Scrum of Scrums meeting to report impediments for escalation
• Support scrum ceremonies for the team (Planning, Retrospective, Grooming & Review/Demo)
• Facilitate impediment resolution in a timely, cost effective manner.
• Track and produce key metrics (e.g., burn-down, burn-up charts, and cumulative flow diagram)
• Bachelor of Science in Technical related field and at least 4 years of experience supporting software development programs
• 2+ years of experience working in a scaled Agile environment (multiple teams supporting single product)
• Previous experience engaging stakeholders, contributors and technical resources to analyze user needs and resource limitations
• Certified Scrum Master
• Should have Agile experience/knowledge of key agile techniques including Kanban, Lean, XP, and Scrum
• Project coordination expertise with Atlassian, primarily Confluence and Jira, tools
Have at least 4 years of experience leading Agile teams/servicing as a Scrum Master, Product Owner, or Release Train Engineer
Experience working at an organization going through an SAFe Agile transformation
Scaled Agile certifications (SA, SPC)
Experience with Research and Development (R&D) programs as a government contractor
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.