The National Solutions Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a System Engineer to support a client’s requirements in a challenging, dynamic setting located in Aurora, CO. The position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance.
The System Engineer will work in a collaborative environment with teammates, to include the Government customer, to ensure quality system engineering and project management with a focus on continuous improvement across the program. The successful candidate will support the Program Manager in the coordination/execution of all activities related to the task scope. The successful candidate will provide system engineering leadership to focus on the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools to be utilized throughout the program/service life cycle and institutionalize a common process methodology for project, product, and service delivery and operations.
- Work with the Governments’ Managed Service Provider on HelpNow system issues, enhancements, functionality, reporting, onboarding and metric tracking
- Define and specify the implementation of standards, methods, and procedures for inspecting and evaluating the accuracy and reliability of procedures and activities which can include standard procedures
- Assist program teams in gathering and analyzing data to ensure performance to requirements, identify trends and anomalies, define solutions to address
- Apply knowledge of information technology, system engineering, project management, service delivery, six sigma/continuous service improvement to provide proactive engagement and effective solutions
- Provide technical engineering inputs and expertise for program projects
- Participate in ongoing risk, issue and opportunity identification
- Manages program projects to ensure successful completion on time and within budget
- Support the Service Operations Manager to ensure that project and process controls, CDRL products, services and projects are compliant with requirements, standards, corporate direction, objectives and/or contract.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree with 8+ years of relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior experience
- TS/SCI with Polygraph is required
- Demonstrated System Engineering and Project Management experience
- Experience with Service Level Management, ITIL, Process Framework, ITSM, Six Sigma and continuous service improvement initiatives
- Proficient in designing, authoring, reviewing and maintaining schedules, process and project documents including requirements documents, knowledge articles, operating instructions, processes, procedures and workflows
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to effectively communicate both technical and non-technical topics to stakeholders at all levels
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Demonstrated knowledge of HelpNow
- Experience within the IC
- Proficient in agile concepts and principles
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $91,000.00 - $140,000.00 - $189,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.