The Leidos Innovation Center (LiNC) at Leidos currently has an opening for an Artificial Intelligence (AI) Researcher to work at our Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) customer site on Wright-Patterson AFB, OH. We are seeking a dedicated and talented AI Researcher to work as part of a leading-edge research and engineering, design and development team. Leidos seeks mission and team-oriented individuals who enjoy working as an individual contributor in highly collaborative teams.
The AI Researcher will contribute to Robust and Secure Machine Learning (RSML) project, which is a collaborative research project between several geographically distributed branches of the Air Force Research Laboratory.
The Air Force is increasingly utilizing machine learning (ML) systems and seeks to advance our understanding and capabilities to assess the performance of ML systems under a variety of conditions, including adversarial ML. We also seek to develop novel metrics for measuring robustness of ML systems when humans are integrated into the learning process or when ML is integrated into human decision making.
This effort involves researching state of the art ML models and training methods together with assessments of model robustness. At the conclusion of the project we aim to have a better understanding of the mechanisms for and measurement of robustness in the context of machine learning.
You will work as an AI Researcher in a high performing research and development team to develop creative and innovative interfaces for complex analytical data produced by machine learning and artificial intelligence systems. You will direct, collect, understand, and process various types of data for developing analytics visualizations for research and analysis. You will also build creative visualizations and user interfaces that show off the models being tested and allow for human feedback or enable active and interactive learning paradigms. Help our team to bridge the gap between computers and humans!
The successful candidate will work with government customers, software engineers, subject matter experts, and military personnel.
- Master’s degree or higher, or a bachelor’s degree with 2+ years experience in Computer Science, Visual Analytics, Machine Learning, Cognitive Modeling or similar.
- Experience in development of distributed, web-based systems, service-oriented architectures, front-end user interfaces, and back-end databases.
- Experience with Visual Analytics, Human-Computer Interactions, Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning.
- Experience with UI development.
- Proficient with git.
- Experience using data visualization tools and/or libraries such as d3.js, plotly.js, React.js or other tools.
- Self-motivated with strong intellectual curiosity, especially around defining impact.
- Maintain outstanding written and oral communications skills, and good organizational skills.
- Be a US Citizen. NO non-citizens will be considered.
- Be capable of obtaining a DOD Secret Security Clearance, at a minimum.
- Experience with Adversarial Machine Learning.
- Experience with Active or Interactive Machine Learning.
- Experience with human subjects research, user studies, or UX design and testing.
- Experience in a research environment.
- Cognitive modeling/ intelligent agent experience.
- Experience using High Performance Computing or Cloud Computing.
- Active and current DOD Secret Security Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Research Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.