Leidos Operational Accounting is growing and we’re seeking a high-energy Payroll Accountant who thrives in a collaborative environment to join a dynamic, multi-national Company with a key role on the Corporate Operational Accounting Team. In this role, you will be an integral team member in providing critical support in the areas of accounting and financial reporting for our Payroll & Benefits accounting function.
Leidos Corporate Finance Group has an opening for a Payroll Accountant in Oak Ridge, TN or Tucson, AZ. The Payroll Accountant reports to the Benefits and Payroll Accounting Manager.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide timely processing of payroll accounting activity
- Prepare and record payroll journal entries
- Prepare periodic account reconciliations related to payroll, payroll taxes and employee benefit withholdings
- Analyze and evaluate certain key account balances and fluctuations
- Document and describe the reasons for significant account balance fluctuations
- Support internal and external auditors and government compliance on all payroll and employee benefit withholdings questions
- Prepare periodic schedules to support financial reporting and tax
- Respond timely and professionally to payroll and employee benefit withholdings inquiries
- Interface with corporate departments (e.g. Payroll Processing, HRIS, Human Resources, Government Compliance, Accounting, and Tax) as needed
- Ensure compliance with relevant Leidos accounting policies, SOX, FAR and DCAA requirements
- Assist with Reliance and Blackline administration
- Escalate unresolved issues to the senior accountant and/or direct supervisor
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with over 2 years of pure accounting experience or a Masters of Accounting with less than 2 years of prior experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills; attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and very independent to solve issues
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office with strong skills in Excel
- Payroll and/or benefits accounting experience
- Public accounting experience
- Accounting systems experience (Deltek Costpoint preferred)
- Ultipro Experience
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.