The IT Business Analyst will have stewardship over specified Material Management, Warehouse Management, Property Accountability or Maintenance and Utilization applications, processes, and associated interfaces. Stewardship includes both management and monitoring of the existing applications and processes, as well as partnering with the development teams to guide future business direction, enhancements, and optimization. The IT Business Analyst is responsible for working with stakeholders to gather/document key functional and technical requirements, assist in development of the business case, and collaborate with internal development teams to deliver technology solutions that meet the business need and deliver value.
• Develop a thorough understanding of business processes, best practices, and available supporting technology & documentation.
• Learn to work and collaborate closely with key stakeholders to document the key business goals and objectives for a new or existing process.
• Learn to prepare detailed requirement specifications in the form of user stories or functional requirement documents for the development teams.
• Participation in the agile software development process as a proxy for the process owner role to help facilitate progress, answer any questions and provide more detailed requirements as necessary.
• Support the development teams to produce any required documentation or communications that may be necessary in support of the project including project status, project roadmap, release plan, etc.
• Learn to work closely with Q/A Analyst to develop test cases/scenarios and detailed acceptance criteria.
• Support project delivery by working with the user community to document and coordinate user acceptance testing and training plans.
• Bachelor’s Degree required in MIS, IT, Supply Chain Management, or related field.
• Knowledge of Business Analyst fundamentals
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated critical skills such as collaboration, strong written and verbal communication skills and analytical capability.
• Knowledge of project management methodologies and software development lifecycles.
• Experience with Microsoft desktop applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio).
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.