Leidos is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to support the Defense Health Agency (DHA) Military Health Services (MHS) Enterprise Information Technology Services Integrator (EITSI) program.
The DHA MHS EITSI program is a critical program to modernize, standardize and optimize the Defense Health Agency’s IT infrastructure by establishing an Enterprise IT Services (EITS) environment using a Multi-sourcing Services Integrator (MSI) approach.
The services integrator will manage the EITS environment and assist the government in providing oversight of the Service Providers (SPs) for the benefit of the DHA, MHS, and mission partners. The EITSI will provide independent end-to-end accountability through coordination and validation of IT services delivered by separately contracted SPs. The EITSI will also deliver Service Desk and Global Operations (Network Operations Center, Performance Management) services to DHA.
The IT infrastructure and operations framework will support a global data communications network, and enterprise services infrastructure, including data center(s), server hosting, and end-user platform capabilities enabling more than 150K military personnel to support the continuum of health services.
- Develop new system design plans and engineering products including documentation, models and relevant engineering/architecture artifacts.
- Establish system design and functionality models and documentation.
- Be accountable for the development and maintenance of the organizations technical architecture and related solution engineering work.
- Be self-motivated to discover new industry related technologies and solution models.
- Responsible for detailing the organizations cloud technical transition and evolutionary change.
- Evaluate and support the installation of developed or COTS software during various phases of testing.
- Support preventive maintenance of applications and operating systems, as well as assessing of database and operating system problems.
- Review and prepare documentation for system test and installation of software.
- Work to meet scheduled milestones in the Integrated Master Schedule Support the development of schedules, plans, and implementation of database and system upgrades.
- Provide systems engineering support for network and communication/information routing design and management.
- Assess with the external network management team and all available documentation to ensure that all required ports are defined and documented, and as possible, all requests for such submitted/tracked.
- Support systems/environment solutions for multiple projects with varying schedules and interface with vendors for solution of trouble calls.
- Participate in database and operating system security management such as evaluating IA patches, Compliance IA controls, and providing engineering support in documenting vulnerability findings Interact with peers on a daily basis and during review board meetings, interaction with customers and/or function peer group leads and managers Investigates and gains knowledge on new methods and technologies.
- Particularly relating to the application of technology to the field of Medical Research Apply knowledge of IT systems, hardware, software, networks, databases and vendor services to support all eIT PMO activities.
- Assist the Chief Architect in delivering services and capabilities that fulfill the eIT PMO’s strategic plan and the needs of our customers.
- Design, test, upgrade and integrate new or existing infrastructure platforms in accordance to the organization’s business requirements.
- Document all aspects of the engineering process as it relates to build and configuration, testing, and deployment of infrastructure platforms.
- Coordinate changes such as implementation of new infrastructure platforms, upgrades or version increments to existing platforms with system administrators and stakeholders.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard infrastructure platforms.
- Perform infrastructure platform modeling, analysis, and planning.
- Coordinate with architecture and evaluate new and emerging infrastructure platform technologies and make recommendations for selection of these products.
- Assist system administrators with complex troubleshooting issues and if needed coordinates vendor engagements to assist in troubleshooting efforts.
- May provide day-to-day operational or administrative duties for deployed infrastructure platforms in lab or production environments.
- Apply fundamental engineering concepts, processes, practices, and procedures on technical assignments.
- Ability to work with other senior technical and user staff to complete projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalency
- Four (4) years of progressive experience demonstrating the required proficiency.
- Ability to achieve Public Trust clearance
- ITIL 4 Foundation Certification
- ServiceNow or other ITSM experience
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.