Leidos (LADA program) has a need for a cloud services engineer to support a critical suite of operational mission applications for our IC customer. This is an exciting opportunity to bring your cloud services expertise to bear on critical national security programs and to utilize cloud technologies in unique ways. Our IC customer mission is seeking to migrate its current production infrastructure to the cloud and also to increase its use of cloud services in our dev and integration environments. We will need your skills and expertise to help guide them on the best ways to leverage cloud services. We seek individuals who can think “out of the box” and who have a passion for exotic uses of technology.
• The successful candidate will be performing research, design, development, testing, and implementation of new cloud-based solutions.
• Create documentation artifacts for existing and newly-deployed solutions for our technical baseline and O&M teams.
• Work with our security and development teams to create dev/ops solutions.
• Interact with cloud service providers for service provisioning.
• Prepare briefing materials on proposed uses of cloud technologies for internal program boards and customer forums.
• Integrate cloud solutions with existing networks and systems.
• When needed, support O&M troubleshooting, diagnostic, and restoration efforts during system outages or other anomalies.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering with 8 years of experience OR Masters with 6 years of experience or 12 years experience in lieu of degree
• Must have a TS/SCI with poly to be considered
• In-depth, hands-on, experience with cloud-based solutions from Amazon (AWS), Google, Azure, or other vendors.
• Solid understanding and experience with virtual containers, separation of management/data paths, virtual gateways, and virtual storage.
• Fluent/semi fluent with Linux/Unix-based shell commands, folder structure, and scripting.
• IC cloud experience
• IC customer experience
• Amazon AWS certification
• Experience with Java, Python, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS Lambda and Ansible
• Knowledge of agile development processes and DevOps tools such as Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence, and Puppet
• Knowledge of continuous integration, delivery, and automated test tools such as Jenkins, Git, SonarQube and Artifactory
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.