This position directly supports the Engineering team planning of final test and installation activities of multiple US Navy trainers. This position interfaces with program management, system and software integration engineers, subject matter experts, and customer personnel operating in an Agile development environment. This position supports trainer deliveries in accordance with approved plans by coordinating sponsor approvals, generating required delivery documentation, documenting trainer installation schedules and producing manning schedules.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Develop technical trainer installation plans, which will require an in-depth understanding of trainer installations and a detailed understanding of the unique characteristics of each installation site. Be able to handle new and unforseen complications as they arise. Work independently to achieve day-to-day objectives regarding final test and installation activities.
• Generate briefing materials documenting installation purposes, schedules, and results.
• Develop manning schedules for the Test and Integration Team.
• Participate in a variety of project organizational meetings with customer leadership, development partners and user / instructor base representatives. Bring institutional knowledge of past trainer installations to guide and influence current trainer installations.
• Participate in periodic Installation Planning Team (IPT) meetings between the development sites to prepare for upcoming major trainer installations.
Travel is required to trainer sites at various naval bases, and will account for no more than 20% of the job.
B.S./B.A. in technical or business discipline.
• US Citizenship and ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
• Must have 4+ years of experience performing control, production, distribution, and retention of complex documentation packages.
• Must have past experience with, and demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position, including solid analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products.
• Understanding of systems engineering and software development.
• Database experience (MS Access, SQL, etc.).
• Experience with Agile development and Atlassian products.
• US Navy experience.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Documentation Control
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.