The National Solutions Group at Leidos has an opening for a Tier 2 System Maintainer. The successful candidate will be required to execute, refine, and supervise the processes and procedures of Tier 2 System Maintenance operations in a purpose-built enterprise environment throughout the operational lifecycle of customer directed mission applications. The candidate will be required to possess demonstrable leadership skills and ability to work constructively and collaboratively across multiple functional and technical areas to achieve a positive impact on explicitly stated and implicit program goals and business results.
Qualified applicants must be able to perform efficiently under dynamic conditions and skillfully navigate continually evolving priorities, facilitating reliable and consistent mission application data processing in a complex computing environment. Applicants will exercise comprehensive technical assessment and incident escalation procedures in order to meet or exceed prescribed Recovery Time/Point Objectives (RTO/RPO). Through the application of deep technical and critical thinking skills, expert knowledge, and highly innovative approaches to resolving complex problems, the ideal candidate will be integral to ensuring the uninterrupted performance and stability of mission processors and their associated IT infrastructure. Though this is an 8x5 position, applicants must be available to provide out-of-band support as required. Occasional out-of-band call-in support may be required.
What you will do:
- Effectively maintain increasing technical proficiency in addition to customer satisfaction and confidence
- Consistent execution of Tier 2 system availability and reliability through the direction of proactive maintenance methodologies and request fulfillment activities
- Cultivate technical competency throughout the team as well as customer satisfaction and confidence through the influencing and encouragement of innovative solution development that positively impacts program goals and business results
- Enforce adherence to prescribed incident and problem management or ticket escalation processes to quickly and proactively resolve system anomalies as appropriate
- Demonstrate comprehensive technical competence in the coordination of expedient restoration of mission applications and associated functions to a fully operative state
- Coordinate and collaborate with teammates, customers, and external stake holders as required to ensure timely restoral of failed messaging system functionality
- Manage out-of-band Tier 2 call-in support requests and execute other related supporting duties as required
- Provide training for team mates, Tier 1 and customers as directed
- Other related supporting duties as required
- U.S. citizen with an active TS/SCI with a polygraph required
- Bachelor’s Degree AND 8 years of applicable experience OR 12 years of applicable experience in lieu of degree
- Current DoD 8570.01m IAT-II or higher certification (e.g. Security+ CE)
- 6 or more years of experience supporting Tier 2 systems maintenance operations
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal team members, customers, and external stake holders across multiple technical areas
- Mission-specific technical knowledge and operations experience
- ITIL v3 Foundation or Higher Certification
- Proven experience and proficiency with one or more of the following disciplines in an enterprise environment:
A - Unix, Linux, and/or Windows based OS and application management
B - Script development and implementation (e.g. PyThon, BaSH, XML)
C - Troubleshooting of complex and interconnected systems
D - Usage and support of Enterprise Maintenance Management tool(s)
- Ability to develop and implement technical solutions through deep analysis and understanding of impact to the end-product/solution
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment to achieve program objectives that significantly impact operational results and deliverables
- Deep understanding and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of domain related mission operations and a broad understanding of dependent domains
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.