At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
The ISR MEP/PED Systems Division, within the Defense Group at Leidos currently has a career opening for a Flight Test Manager to work in our Beavercreek, OH office supporting Wright Patterson Air Force Base customers. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to use your experience to advance the Air Force Research Labs (AFRL) Rapid Technology Development and Demonstrations (RTD2) program and various Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC) projects. This position requires experience in defining requirements, aircraft modification, design, integration planning, system integration, airworthiness approvals, and all aspects flight test execution. The Flight Test Manager/Engineer must be able to quickly integrate with Engineering teams, Integrated Product Team Leads, and cross-functional disciplines to ensure successful execution of the flight test plans and objectives.
- Develop test project technical requirements into executable flight test plans
- Develop detailed flight test procedures based on the test plans, test requirements, final product design, and the specific test assets to be used
- Lead Flight Test Planning Meetings, Technical Review Boards and Safety Review Boards
- The Lead for process development of test profiles, flight cards, test matrices, mission flows, and execution
- Lead for developing flight products and authoring post flight test “Flight Test Reports”
- Coordinating and scheduling test activities with national test and training centers ranges based on flight test objectives
- Coordinating with both COCO aircraft providers and Government stakeholders to complete flight test activities
- Resolve issues with functional leads, including engineering, instrumentation, supply chain, maintenance/quality, flight operations, and suppliers
- Communicate test results to management, customer test representatives, and the rest of the engineering team.
- Verify that the configurations of the system under test, test assets, test procedures, and reduction/analysis tools are documented and captured
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below.
-Requires a related Bachelors of Science degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
- 4 years’ experience must be related to DoD programs/projects involved with airborne systems, integration, and flight test
- Flight Test Program Management experience including planning, execution, and reporting
- Knowledge and experience with DoD flight line operations, logistics, and security practices
- Experience with Air Force flight test planning and execution – focus on Research and Development testing
- Ability to convey technical ideas in a clear, logical fashion, and translate highly technical discussions into executable plans
- Able to cope with rapid change, as multiple objectives/projects are running concurrently
- Must have an active DoD SECRET level of clearance, with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret level of clearance
- Ability to work both independently and within a dynamic cross-functional team environment
- Strong technical, analytical, and critical thinking/reasoning skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Project, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word,)
- 15% CONUS Travel Required
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
-Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
-Unique or non-standard flight test experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3,000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.