Leidos currently has an opening for a Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) to support the Biometrics Automated Toolset – Army (BAT-A) system
- Designs, develops, implements and/or integrates IA and security systems and system components including those for networking, computing and enclave environment to include those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements
- Identifying, researching, characterizing, and documenting security weaknesses related to operating systems, software applications, firmware, network hardware components, as well as network architecture design and documented policies and procedures.
- Recommend information assurance/security solutions to support customer requirements.
- Ensure servers comply with DoD Information Assurance requirements and update servers that are not in compliance
- Test Security Patches against operational software to ensure functionality does not impact the software
- Perform Assured Compliance Assessment Solutions (ACAS) vulnerability scanning, configuration assessment, and network discovery
- Perform vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems and applications during all phases of the system development life cycle
- Monitor hardware and software for any suspicious changes, behavior or traffic, provide reports when/as directed
- Define backup strategies, adhere to backup policies, and monitor backups for completion and viability
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field and 8 years of experience
- DoD Secret Clearance required on day one
- DoD 8570.01 IAT Level II – Preferably Security +
- DISA ACAS and eMASS training/experience
- Expertise in network technology and systems security engineering. Experience in identifying, researching, characterizing, and documenting security weaknesses related to operating systems, software applications, firmware, network hardware components, as well as network architecture design and documented policies and procedures.
- Should have significant hands on experience implementing security and/or network components, i.e. routers, firewalls, IPS, IDS, etc.
- Ability to work independently within a schedule and with little direction
- Confidence and ability to present briefing to senior level DoD officials in both prepared briefings and/or in ad hoc discussions
- DISA ACAS and eMASS training/experience
- Experience with PowerPoint, Excel, Active Directory, SharePoint and Visio
- Certifications such as CCNA, CCNA Security, CCNP, CCNP Collaboration or BCNE
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Information Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.