The ESA V program is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, among others.
Leidos has opportunities for an individual to serve as an eDiscovery Legal Support - Paralegal at a customer site in Downtown Washington, DC. The eDiscovery Paralegal will work with the eDiscovery team, under the direction of the government leadership, to perform administrative tasks, conduct database searches, and perform other applicable eDiscovery tasks.
Performs the following tasks while complying with established procedures: compiles, prepares, and/or summarizes relevant materials for use by attorneys in discovery. Other examples of the types of work to be performed include compilation of documents for Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), production requests, Congressional inquiries, etc.
The sensitive nature of eDiscovery requires the individual selected for this position to have the utmost discretion, as data cannot be disclosed outside of the appropriate channels.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years related experience
- Paralegal certificate or equivalent level of legal training
- At least one year of litigation/paralegal experience; trial experience preferred
- Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation from the Department of Justice prior to beginning work. US Citizenship is required. Current clearance is not required.
- Experience and demonstrated skill with a variety of computer applications, including electronic discovery applications (EnterpriseVault, Clearwell)
- Experience and demonstrated skill with eDiscovery procedures, tools, and resources.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints
- Familiarity with Electronic Discovery Reference Model strongly preferred
- Familiarity with Relativity
- Familiarity with the Department of Justice, and specifically the Justice Management Division
- Active Public Trust access with the Department of Justice
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Attorney Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.