Leidos has a challenging and exciting opportunity for a self-motivated Logistician/Lifecycle Support Manager to join our team supporting a nationally significant and fast-paced program that uses Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology. The new program provides system engineering, development, test, integration and operational support focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
The selected individual will track and manage equipment and software license information for a large, complex hardware/software system consisting of multiple geographically distributed nodes and diverse configurations within a multifaceted network environment. She/he will work closely with Infrastructure Teams, System Test, System Administration, Integration Engineers, and Software Engineers to support configuration and track hardware and software statuses across the program. The selected candidate will be responsible for generation and revision of a Lifecycle Support Plan in conjunction with major releases. In addition, the selected individual will assist with Configuration Management/collaboration tool administration, facilitate continuous process improvement, and create and maintain documentation as required.
The selected candidate will track hardware assets and equipment and track software licenses. She/he will identify, control, document, verify, and create reports regarding program assets. The selected individual will evaluate the Data Management needs of the program and create processes for documenting and tracking hardware and software assets and resources. She/he will manage media assets for control and distribution to other teams across the program and will provide data management reports and metrics to program management. The selected candidate will provide customer support to program Software Developers, Test Engineers, System Engineers, and System Administrators, and facilitate process improvement with regard to logistics/software trouble tickets and asset tracking.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 8 years of logistics, quality control, data management, hardware/software management, or related experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Must have experience tracking and maintaining hardware assets and/or software licenses.
- Must have direct, hands-on experience providing Logistics and/or Hardware/software support for a large, fast-paced program/organization with a vast and diverse customer base.
- Must have experience working with and/or managing software media and maintaining IT assets.
- Must have experience providing a wide variety of Logistics, IT, Quality Management and/or Configuration Management services and support.
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to handle time-sensitive tasking across multiple facets of configuration and change management.
- Must possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills and possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive, and capable of independently and effectively planning and prioritizing personal tasking.
- Must possess a positive attitude and excellent people skills required for interfacing easily and effectively with various teams and a variety of personalities at diverse locations.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- System Administration experience or hands-on experience with hardware and software maintenance.
- Quality Assurance, Configuration Management, and/or Audit experience, particularly on a large system.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.