Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
An Infrastructure Monitoring Engineer to join NATS ISA Control and Monitoring team as a monitoring engineer. The role is fully remote while in COVID restrictions.
- Soft skills: The ability to work well with others and be of a helpful disposition.
- Communication skills: The ability to communicate clearly with others, particularly technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Experience of large, diverse IT infrastructures and/or network from operational or support roles
- IT Service Management background, ideally ITIL, with strong comprehension of Configuration Management
- Monitoring tools experience such as Opsview, Nagios, Splunk and HP Oneview
- Network Monitoring tools such as Solarwinds and CA Spectrum
- Understanding and configuring SNMP / MIB's
- Working with and understanding Event Management data
- Ability to work in a dynamic agile team
Technical experience, working knowledge of the following disciplines is required:
- Microsoft Windows client/server system architectures and administration;
- CCNA level networking
Desirable skills required
- Public sector experience, ideally having worked critical infrastructure
- Microsoft® Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or equivalent certification strongly recommended.
- Some knowledge of LAN/WAN network architectures and Cisco IOS based routers/switches.
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Field Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.