Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
- Oversee, line manage and assure the activities of the Leidos UK Security Service Centre to ensure provision of all required background screening, national security vetting and security helpdesk support between 9am and 5pm Mon-Fri and out of hours on-call duty.
- Manage daily escalations out of the Security Service Centre related to background screening, security vetting and aftercare and other general security enquiries
- Assure effectiveness of GDPR, contractual and company compliant processes and work instructions to support all Security Service Centre activities
- Monitor status of Security Service Centre activities and provide status reports as required, identifying and escalating risks and issues to Security and business leadership
- Effectively engage the UK business to project background screening and vetting demand and resource needs to ensure the Security Service Centre is appropriately staffed for and is prioritising workload
- Provide Personnel Security SME advice and guidance internally to bids and projects and to our Customers, delivery partners, supply chain and other interested third parties
- Ensure effective and compliant record keeping to ensure data used and recorded by the Security Service Centre is accurate and up to date through spot checks against Security Service Centre activities to identify and deliver continuous improvement opportunities
- Ensure all Security Service Centre staff have the appropriate skills, knowledge, experience and training to effectively execute their roles
- Develop and deliver an ongoing insider risk programme and chair the UK Insider Risk Working Group that:
- Creates a comprehensive approach to insider threat detection that is proactive in identifying and minimising insider threats with a focus on early warning
- Identifies and integrates the necessary SME functions
- Aligns with UK Government laws, regulations and guidance as well as with Customer and Company requirements
- Leverages technology and experience
- Develop and deliver an ongoing Security Education and Awareness programme including:
- Ongoing and varied engagement activities to raise and maintain a heightened profile of security and its importance throughout Leidos UK
- Pre-planned and necessarily reactive materials in response to emerging threats and issues
- Enhancing and maintaining the Company SAFE Room
- An effective security induction programme
- Products to meet contractual security training obligations
- Provide additional support in line with Security leadership requirements
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.