Leidos’ Security Detection & Automation operation is seeking an experienced RF Hardware Systems Engineer in Tewksbury, MA to join our multidisciplinary, highly energized and expert engineering team. This is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an innovative new project, work with cutting edge technology on developing state-of-the-art products, and make global impact in airport security detection!
As a Hardware Systems Engineer on the SD&A team, you will be a key contributor to the ongoing development of our advanced Security Body Scanners. You will be involved in the design and development of innovative sensor systems and assist in performing systems engineering functions such as architecture trade studies and developing design concepts. Your strong background in hardware design, test and measurement and RF systems will the keys to your success.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work with the multidisciplinary design teams throughout development and new product introduction from concept, design, and development to prototype, system test verification, documentation, and support. Some functional competence and understanding of the RF system architectures, sub-assemblies and multi-function modules, as well as hardware/software development and integration is required.
- Assist management and team members to clarify design specifications and resolve system and module design issues. Support all development phases through system level integration and production to assure total customer solutions. Assist the manufacturing team by troubleshooting products to assure that products are performing to design specifications.
- Participate in design engineering status meetings, prepare written reports, analysis, and design review material in accordance with established development processes and procedures.
- Minimum BSEE/CE and 5-10 years of successful design work OR MSEE/CE and 3-6 years. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience in complex RF System development and validation process.
- Experience in performing system validation, BOM creation and manufacturing support of EOL components/subsystems.
- Application of good writing skills in the preparation of appropriate documentation, engineering analyses reports, and technical documents using MS Word/ Excel/ PowerPoint/Project/Visio, etc.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with internal design teams and external contract manufacturers.
- Ability to work independently in an engineering results oriented development environment.
- Good engineering analysis, problem solving, judgment, analytical capability, and follow-up.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Working knowledge EMC testing for FCC certification.
- Matlab and LabVIEW experience.
- Familiarity with Solidworks, and/ or AutoCad.
- Familiarity working with Standard Commercial Documentation and Standards
Our Tewksbury office is a dynamic and collaborative environment, only a short commute away from Boston and Nashua. While the incumbent must be local (or willing to relocate) in order to report onsite on a regular basis, we do offer flexible work arrangements. We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, exciting referral programs, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection and Automation Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.