Leidos is hiring a Scrum Master/Agile Coach to work in a large-scale software integration and development effort. The selected candidate will be responsible for delivering value to the customer using Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). They will help educate the self-organizing teams in Scrum or Kanban to ensure that the agile processes are being followed. The Scrum Master/Agile Coach will help remove impediments and foster an environment for high-performing team dynamics, continuous flow, and relentless improvement. This position will facilitate horizontal communication across team members to identify any impediments that may prevent team progress while working mitigation plans. The selected candidate will be responsible for sensing, determining, and leading discussions when issues need to be analyzed or triaged, and for making improvements in determining and implementing improvements to processes. Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion is critical
- Manage and schedule execution as well as assist in planning releases
- Ensure that new projects are within scope and remain within scope
- Foster Communities of Practice and the use of engineering and Built-In Quality practices inside and across divisions
- Facilitating cross-team collaboration within program via Scrum of Scrums meeting and other less formal forums in support development, testing, and deployment efforts
- Summarize Team PI Objectives into Program PI Objectives and publish them for visibility and transparency
- Assist tracking the execution of features and capabilities through Metrics across program’s agile and DevOps teams
- Coach Government leaders, teams, and product owners in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets
- Train managers, and leaders – will socialize the new concepts and provide orientation and overview training. Will teach Leading SAFe to leaders, managers, and stakeholders
- Coach leaders and stakeholders to build and maintain the Vision, Roadmap, and Program Backlogs.
- Coaches Solution Owners, Product Owners, Product Managers and functional leadership
- Must have an Active TS/SCI Clearance with a Polygraph
- BS degree and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience.
- At least 3 years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects
- Previous Release, Project, or Program Management experience
- Experience working with SAFe Agile software development teams and managing project deadlines (ideally in a Scrum Master, Product Owner, or Development Lead role)
- Experience using agile project management tools (e.g. Jira, VersionOne, Rallye, IBM RTC)
- Experience using SAFe as the agile development methodology including experience participating in Program Increment Planning sessions
- Experience working with large software systems including hardware integration and test
- Experience working within an Agile environment or program
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary technical development teams
- Experience using SAFe as the agile development methodology
- Experience-affecting change in organizations working towards agile adoption
- Experience with applying test automation, test-driven development, continuous integration, and continuous deployment to achieve built-in quality by the team
- Experience using Kanban as a means to improve flow on support teams
- SAFe SPC or SAFe RTE or similar certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.