Be part of a dynamic team in providing legal and technical services to support the Department of Justice and other U.S. Government agencies. From emails and instant messages, to serves, electronic devices, and social media systems, we’re equipped to meet the challenge of forensically capturing, reviewing, and illuminating the “smoking gun” evidence. Join us and make a difference.
Leidos is looking for a top notch candidate to perform Part-Time Project Supervisor services in support of one of our federal agency customers in Washington, DC.
Overtime and travel may be required as needed with proper authorization. Individual may support any division/section within depending on the needs of the office at time of hire.
Typical assignments include the following but not limited to:
Works under the direction of the Project Manager.
Requires direct supervision of a variety of Contractor staff, including clerical staff and first line supervisors.
May require frequent contact with Government COR, Case Managers, trial attorneys, client agency staff, etc., as well as with other Contractor components.
For very large cases, may be directly responsible for all work in a major task area.For example, on a case involving document discovery of millions of pages, a Project Supervisor may be responsible for all document discovery/document collection activities for the case. Alternatively, may assist several Project Managers on a multitude of smaller cases simultaneously. For example, the Project Supervisor may be responsible for oversight of responsive/privilege review in one case, while simultaneously overseeing production of witness binders in another.
The above mentioned duties may be performed as single functions or in combination with one another.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- At least two years of progressively more responsible experience on major litigation support projects, including at least one year of supervisory experience, including proven capabilities and communication skills to successfully interact with clients and attorneys.
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and coordinate numerous complex and time-critical litigation support activities simultaneously, including technical/data processing support and eDiscovery activities.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of litigation support;
- Must be able to anticipate litigation support needs and develop and execute detailed plans for addressing needs.
- Requires hands-on familiarity with the Government's office and network environment, including but not limited to, data processing environments, including office automation networks, PC-based databases and other applications, and internet and server-based databases and other applications, such as Oracle, Relativity or other document review platforms, Trial Director, etc.
- Familiarity with eDiscovery tools and knowledge of eDiscovery procedures and resources required.
- Should be an expert user of the Government's office and network environment, including but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheet, imaging, and hardware systems.
- Familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of eDiscovery procedures and resources required.
- Ability to work and interact professionally and effectively with all levels of staff.
- Ability to meet established deadlines and work as a team player in a professional office.
- Skilled in meeting and dealing with people in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Some walking, standing, bending and carrying of office items
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Experience working in a Government and/or Litigation Support environment in conjunction with basic qualifications.
- Law degree, technical certification, or other pertinent graduate degree preferred.
- Paralegal experience helpful.
- Current or active clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.