Leidos currently has an opening for a Cyber Security Specialist, Senior to work remotely. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission. The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective information technology services. IO support helps to provide critical services focusing on consistent availability of Veteran-facing applications and quick delivery of benefits for Veterans.
This role may be worked remote from home office. Qualified candidate must live in the United States and US Citizen with ability to obtain public trust clearance. This is a contract requirement.
The Cyber Security Specialist will perform support services within the Security Management Division. This division is charged with establishing a centralized security program to address security with projects.
Must keep security tools tuned and coordinated with the necessary security posture. The support services required include analyzing current security tools and datacenter environments to ensure all security environments needing attention get the attention required per policy and customization needed with the different applications or datacenter solutions. The support team shall also handle critical/important day-to-day Change Order management and current and future security tool architecture design.
- Monitor and analyze cybersecurity infrastructure for optimal performance
- Produce and present security reports for management
- Troubleshoot and document cybersecurity incidents
- Implement COTS and customized comprehensive application security policies to identify and protect web portals and web applications from cybersecurity threats.
- Monitor systems activities and fine tunes system parameters and configuration to optimize performance and ensure security of systems.
- Engage with application development teams on current infrastructure projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Thoroughly understand procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines.
- Provide informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers.
Basic Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline plus 10 years of experience is required. 18 years of experience may be substituted for education.
- Must live in the United States
- Must be a US Citizen with ability to obtain public trust clearance.
- 5+ years of experience with networking protocols and network configuration/operation
- In-depth technical knowledge of security engineering, computer and network security, security protocols and applied cryptography
- 3+ years of experience setting up and daily management of Web Application Firewalls
- Experience with Intrusion Prevention Systems, Network Visibility Tools, Security Information and Event Management
- 3+ years of experience with network security threat intelligence feed configurations
- 5+ years of experience with network infrastructure monitoring to issue availability and optimal performance
- 2+ years of programing experience
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Certifications OWASP, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCNA Security, CCNP Security, CCIE Security are a plus, but not required.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.