The Spatial Solutions Division at Leidos is seeking a full stack Wordpress/PHP software and content developer. The successful candidate will develop and maintain software that supports an unclassified customer website used for informing the public and Government on current world political activities https://www.tearline.mil. The person in this position will maintain and develop Wordpress PHP plugins and author HTML content. The Full Stack Web Developer will act as a coach, and mentor for staff when needed. They will translate design wireframes or business requirements into the code that will produce visual elements of the application. They will also keep abreast of current technologies to enhance applications architecture, software design and development.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
This role requires knowledge in Agile development processes and the ability to be a self-starter working development tickets and providing feedback and recommendations to the remote development team. Presentation and demonstration skill are also required. The Full Stack Web Developer will also interact with the at the Leidos TREX facility. Responsibilities also include:
- Code, debug, test, deploy, support and document moderately to highly complex WordPress and PHP applications.
- Design, prototype, develop, debug, test, deploy, support and document highly complex front-end user interface with responsive design for proper rendering across multiple devices with performance and scalability optimization
- Analyze moderately to highly complex customer business needs and recommend and implement automated solutions to increase process automation, user experience, and launch of our public site features.
- Act as a liaison with developers, external, and/or internal, regarding moderately to highly complex system and environmental requirements and problem resolution
- Provide ongoing moderately to highly complex technical support to customers, including support for migrations of software applications into various environments. Provide application and technical support during all phases of the application lifecycle.
- Design, prototype, and develop moderately to highly complex software applications.
- Requires a BS and 4 + years of prior relevant experience ; OR Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience; OR 4 additional years of related work experience in lieu of degree
- No clearance required to start must be eligible to obtain TS/SCI post hire
- Mastery of Agile software development methodology
- Demonstrated expert level knowledge of Wordpress content development.
- BS Computer Science
- Project Management experience
- Python experience
- Familiarity with Docker
- TS/SCI Security Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.