Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Cyber Security Analyst
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. Our mission and our values guide the way we do business. The foundation of our Leidos culture is our Values, Beliefs and Expectations by which we select, recognise and reward employees. They create the environment that drives us toward our mission.
Inspired to make a difference, we are committed to solving the world’s toughest problems.
Passionate about customer success by being determined to understand and respond to our customers’ needs as if they were our own.
United as a team, we are bound together by our conviction that ethics and integrity is core to how we operate.
We require a Cyber Security analyst that is experienced in responding to identified security events on managed IT solutions in order to successfully manage them to resolution. As a leading integrated service provider, our security incident processes are integrated into our ITIL Service delivery organisation for a number of clients, they trust us to know what matters to them, and we will protect it. You will bring knowledge of security systems that monitor and protect solutions from those who intend harm, and will be experienced in doing this for secure/sensitive environments especially government solutions. You will understand IT system security risk management and have an active role in ongoing risk and vulnerability management. The role will primarily be based in our Glasgow office.
You will be responsible to both a service delivery manager from our service management centre, and to the Glasgow lead on IA and Cyber security, where you will have associate membership of their team. This will make you part of the cyber and Information security community of specialists, with access to a specialist training and development agenda that you will be following through your career with us. You will be required to work in both operational systems that are already live, and support projects that are developing new capability into our service management environment. The initial opportunity for operational support will be on a significant transportation service programme which places at least as much focus on availability as it does confidentiality and integrity.
SC cleared – Candidates should be willing to undergo SC and if already SC, then DV clearance.
- Experience of the objectives of security incident management in the context of ITIL
- Understanding of the ITIL processes for the managed systems to support ongoing security and compliance, e.g. engineering-led project updates, change and release management, major incident process, problem and known-error management, access management.
- Understanding of different threats and responses from network, insider, malware and appropriate responses
- Experience of Business Continuity and Disaster Recover planning and exercises
- Experience in Vulnerability management, e.g. tracking periodic patch updates across systems to ensure compliance
- Experience working in both operational delivery and project development contexts. Some limited exposure to proposal environments would be helpful too.
- Excellent understanding of Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability (CIA) and practical experience in applying this when managing security incidents and vulnerability issues.
- Awareness of specialist security alerting forums, and GovCert, to help manage known issues.
- Understanding of network and boundary protection technologies (firewalls, mail gateways, load balancers, anti virus)
- Experience of network monitoring systems especially in secure/sensitive systems
- Experience in reviewing security documentation sets (SyOPS, RMADs, Security Management Plans, etc.) to offer constructive improvement comments during revisions.
- Membership of professional security body and preparedness to commit to personal training to maintain certificated standards, such as CCP practitioner.
Communication and Soft Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and works well in a team environment
- Capable of developing and communicating a security incident response plan that focuses on the outcomes required and clarification of responsibilities of stakeholders and other parties
- A reasonable level of commercial awareness around KPIs SLAs and customer relations.
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
(Note; LCST roles – no Private medical insurance)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Shift:24/7 12 Hour Shift Pattern
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.