In this role, the candidate will support the core engineering and operations and maintenance team in system integration of cross domain systems (CDS) and other security technologies in a small team environment. Primarily the candidate will be responsible for managing system and lab virtualized infrastructure supporting engineering/laboratory systems and operations & maintenance activities on existing CDS systems. Will perform deployment, integration, troubleshooting and testing of new server builds by applying diverse skills in system engineering, administration, management, and security. Additionally, will provide immediate response and problem resolution to critical system incident tickets. The candidate will have significant direct contact with the immediate customer and the organization’s CDS staff.
This is a temporary position in DC (8~10 months) with the opportunity to transition to Huntsville Alabama (Red Stone Arsenal) as a permanent member of the CDS team.
- Build and manage systems in a virtualized (VMWare) lab infrastructure and production environments
- Install COTS/GOTS and custom software, firmware updates, operating system patches of CDS physical and virtual servers and antivirus software updates in lab and production systems
- Monitor the systems for possible system problems, analyze the problem for resolution paths, implement solutions, and or work with vendors to resolve issues
- Assist with buildout of lab infrastructure servers, test clients, development environment
- Set-up/maintain user accounts and support system security vulnerability scan activities
- Participate in program standup meetings to discuss system status, technical issues, or coordinate production system changes
- Strong System Administration of Windows Servers demonstrated in a large complex enterprise environment
- Experience with Virtual Environment administration; Installation, configuration, and managements of: Type 1 hypervisors (ESXi, KVM, others), Virtual Machine configurations, and VM Management environment (e.g. Vcenter/Vsphere and associated networking and storage)
- Experience supporting data center activities; integrating with infrastructure services, bare metal builds, racking and stacking equipment
- Experience in system integration, test, and debug of COTS/GOTS systems.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to integrate new capabilities
- Understanding of and/or experience in network administration
- Proficiency in installing, hardening, patching, backup and restore of Windows and/or Linux systems
- Experience with system scanning/hardening (STIGS)
- The ability to quickly adapt to new system environments and interface with systems. An interest in working on a broad range of problems and technology and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to work independently and at times as only team member representative working directly with customer IT team
- Follow change management process including creating required change management documentation
- Demonstrates maturity, good judgement, and excellent technical written/verbal communications
- A team player with organization skills, can follow written instructions or technical guides, and the ability to prioritize tasks
- 8yrs experience with a BS or 6yrs experience with a MS
- Active Top Secret with ability to obtain SCI through a polygraph
- Integrating with typical IT support infrastructure services: LDAP, Active Directory, log archive
- Windows Update Server (WUS)
- Windows 2012 experience - Design, configuration, implementation, security hardening, administration, maintenance and troubleshooting
- MCSE certification (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer)
- MS Exchange configuration and administration
- System backup and restore using Enterprise level backup solutions
- Network storage configuration and maintenance (EMC VNX SAN)
- Network device (firewalls, switches, routers) configuration and trouble shooting.
- Linux administration experience: RHEL, CentOS, etc.
- Thin client setup, administration.
- TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS and protocol analysis skills.
- Various security products, security architecture, security assessment tools, and information assurance standards
- Use of standard project management techniques to include AGILE and standard project management methodologies
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.