Leidos, with Operations in Columbia, MD, is looking for an Analyst/Specialist to support an important Department of Defense activity. The successful candidate will join an established team of skilled data analysts providing direct support to end users. The Analyst/Specialist will provide support for various analytical, reporting, and time-sensitive notification requirements. These requirements include multi-source analysis, open-source analysis, threat analysis and reporting, information assurance analysis, and operations planning and support. The Specialist will perform the following standard duties:
- Analyze technical data, analyze anomalies, report threat indicators, document information and processes, gather information and interpret analytical results
- Perform Specialized Internet Research
- Discover and document information on high-interest topics
- Conduct research and evaluate technical and all-source products
- Develop and refine the daily operations of the DoD customer
- Perform quality control on team products
- A minimum of 2 years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field can be substituted for two (2) years of experience
- Must possess a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph to begin work
- Basic understanding of all source analysis. Analytic skills must include the ability to conceptualize, organize, & draw inferences from incomplete data and present a compelling analytic picture; identify, articulate, document and mitigate knowledge gaps
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required with the ability to present complex technology into layman terms
- Ability to apply and/or adapt existing tools and methods or to employ new methodological approaches to substantive discipline or area of work
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
CLEARANCE REQ’D: Active TS/SCI and willing to get polygraph.
*Candidates with active/current polygraph preferred
- Self- motivated, creative, willing to work as a member of a team, organized and able to manage individual schedule
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and non-standard hours when needed
- Experience automating tasks and processes using scripting languages or workflow tools
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.